Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn 0 -4 City
City 2 - 2 Llanelli
City 4 - 2 Bala
Neath 1 - 3 City
TNS 5 - 0 City
City 4 - 1 Glantraeth
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us



Bangor took an early lead and despite some brave defence and a Marc Evans strike, ran out comfortable winners before a decent Nantporth crowd.  

The lead came inside thirty seconds as Alan Bull crossed left footed from the right and Mark Smyth netted from close range.   It might have been two minutes later as Clarke did well to turn Les Davies header over.

City forced three corners early on as the islanders struggled to settle on the wide flat acres of Nantporth.  

On thirteen minutes it was 2-0 as leftback Sion Edwards waltzed through the Glantraeth defence before driving home from an acute angle on the left.. Les Davies was proving hard to handle for the "visitors" defence as City went for a fairly direct approach. Next Les' strike partner Alan Bull repeated the Edwards' dose with a solo run and calm finish on the quarter hour.   But spirited Glantraeth were not giving up and they won a corner which City struggled to clear.

A sixth Bangor corner came along on 22 minutes but Les Davies headed over before injuring himself moments later with a mistimed swing. Nothing too serious though.  

Out of the blue Glantraeth won a penalty as Clive Williams brought down Marc Evans who netted the spot kick to bring the islanders into the game at 3-1 on the half hour. Clive was yellow carded for the foul.

This heralded a fightback of sorts from the Anglesey side who showed they could pass but failed to really trouble Kyle Clancy often enough.   Bangor threatened again Alan Bull ran on goal but hesitated and the chance was lost. But seconds later he didnt hesitate and it was 4-1 as Alan Bull smashed home from a narrow angle some five minutes before the interval after a deep cross from Peter Hoy on the right was headed goalwards only to strike a Glan defender and drop invitingly for Bull.  

Les Davies set up Mark Smyth but he fired across goal from close range. One minute of added time passed without incident and City left the field to warm applause and the comfort of a four one advantage.


City began the second period attacking the Antelope End and Clive Williams quickly tested Clarke with a clean strike which the keeper duly saved. Glan responded with a cross which Kyle Clancy saved.  

Les Davies set up Damien Allen with a clever dummy but the midfielder failed to beat the keeper in a one on one. But the opening quarter was scarcely action packed as neither side created that many clear cut chances.

The first substitution of the afternoon saw former blues youngster Paul Rowlands come on for Glantraeth in place of Bryn Roberts   City won another corner through Les Davies and when the cross came over Craig Garside struck the upright with a powerful strike with Clarke helpless.

On the 65th minute a double change for City as Chris Jones made way for Kyle Wilson and Sion Edwards was replaced by young Dan Lowndes with Peter Hoy switching to leftback.   Another corner for Bangor but after Clarke saved well from Les Davies the big striker smashed the rebound wide against his former club.

Former Holyhead midfielder Darren Garmey then replaced Jamie Saxon on 72 minutes.  

In all honesty the game was now in the doldrums with only Les Davies showing much attacking intent. Alan Bull managed a shot on target but Clarke saved comfortably with then minutes left. Kyle Wilson won a corner on the straits side, but Craig Garside just failed to get a touch at the far post.  

Peter Hoy charged into the box but his birthday celebrations were dampened by Clarke who saved again. With time running out Alan Bull went close but scuffed his shot and a hatrick went begging as it did moments later when substitute D'Angio headed down but the shot went wide.

So a subdued second half with City perhaps feeling the game was won and Glantraeth enjoying more possession. In the closing minutes Kyle Clancy saved from Chris Evans' long range effort. Frankie D'Angio shot but Clarke saved well again in added time to confirm a 4-1 final score and a NWCFA Challenge Cup win for City.

6 May 2012


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.