Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn - City
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us



Bangor had to work hard to overcome Prestatyn and notch their first ever league win at Nantporth.   And they did so the hard way after the visitors took a first half lead and more than held their own in the first half. 

With some uncertainty over the game taking place a slightly disappointing crowd of 700 sheltered from the cold rain on the banks of the menai straits. But Prestatyn warmed their fans with a corner inside conceded inside fifteen seconds at the Farrar End but City quickly responded with a shot from Damien Allen after Les Davies' careful lay off. What a player the truck has become over the past four seasons since rejoining the blues. If he not quite unplayable he is pretty close.  

On ten minutes Darren Hughes might have been sent off for a spiteful stamp on Lee Idzi who had already cleared the ball but referee Nick Pratt opted for yellow instead.

City again forced the burly Hill Dunt into action as Sion Edwards crossed but Chris Jones' low shot was straight at the keeper. Prestayn opted to use a five man defence with Steve Rogers at centrback and young LlanfairPG left footer in place of Martin Beattie.   But Prestatyn nearly shocked the blue horde as Mike Parker ran through on goal, one on one with Lee Idzi, but it was the Brecon glovesman who won the day with a brave block, the ball rebounding back towards goal but out for a corner. 

On 21 minutes they had the lead after a deep corner was not cleared and Neil Gibson volleyed home sweetly from 18 yards to the delight of the thirty or hardy "town" backers behind the goal. Hill Dunt received treatment for a leg injury. If ever one man meant so much to a WP club it must be Gibson to Prestatyn.  

Mention must be made of Damien Allen who always seemed available and to have time in the midfield, whilst Michael Johnston kept a watchful eye on Gibson and Hughes.  

Bangor responded with a clean but misdirected shot from Dave Morley from Peter Hoy's cross. Same again moments later but Morley's shot this time went straight at Hill Dunt who held cleanly. Les Davies then burst through from half way, bounced away the pesky Wilson and unleashed a left footer which poleaxed Dave Hayes and flew out for a corner.   But Prestatyn pressed again, forced a couple more corners, but City stood firm.

With ten minutes left before half time Les Davies appeared to be felled in the box by Wilson but referee Pratt waved play on. It mattered not as two minutes later City scored an outstanding team goal. Sion Edwards found Dave Morley who fed Les Davies on the left, Chris Roberts overlapped to cross low for Kyle Wilson to net from close range at the Bridge End. Typical long ball Bangor!  

The final action of not of the first period was a cross from Chris Jones which Les Davies got under and headed wide. Wet but not weary City trouped off for some words of wisdom.


Bangor certainly started the second half with a sense of purpose - the wind and rain at their backs - with Kyle Wilson shooting narrowly wide and then Les Davies stretching to reach a Sion Edwards cross but also missing the target.  

Hill Dunt was clearly hobbling and his final action was to watch an intelligent effort from Kyle Wilson drift off target after a head on from Les Davies. Moments later oon 51 mins Dunt limped off to be replaced by Dave Roberts. But it was Lee Idzi who had cause for concern as Ross Stephens' freekick arched goalwards but landed on the roof of his net.  

On 56 minutes City went ahead for the first time. Kyle Wilson squared Les Davies controlled the ball turned and shot low beyond Roberts into the bottom corner of the net. The brave and the foolish behind the goal celebrated wildly.

Chris Roberts shot just wide from long range.  

Moments later Kyle Wilson ran in behind the Prestatyn defence but the chance slipped away.

Town responded with a sixth corner but Brewerton cleared. Dave Morley shot just wide from 25 yards then the tall midfielder was in the action once more with a rising volley which Roberts somehow turned over seconds after saving from Chris Jones from the right.   Bangor won a corner which Sion Edwards crossed but Dave Morley met near post and headed wide.

On 71 minutes Edwards made way for substitute Mark Smyth with the winger enjoying a fine ovation from the main stand.  Prestatyn brought on former Rhyl midfielder Jon Fisher Cooke for Darren Hughes who has struggled throughout.  

With City forcing the pace both Les Davies and Mark Smyth shot wide before a fourth, fifth and sixth corner in quick succession before Alan Bull came on for goalscorer Wilson with eight minutes left.

Chris Jones shot wide and City sent on Craig Garside for Chris Jones with three minutes left.

Just two minutes were added which Bangor seemed to have navigated but at the very last Ross Stephens lashed over from the left when an equaliser was there for the taking. Relief all round - a goal kick and Nick Pratt duly whistled.

A home win and three welcome points on an afternoon of wintery postponements and a Neath win at TNS.

5 February 2012


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.