Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn 0 -4 City
City 2 - 2 Llanelli
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us


19 JULY 2011

City were given the harshest of lessons by the Finnish champions who won the tie 13 - 0 on aggregate.

Bangor made a solitary but offensive change compared to the first leg line up with the introduction of Kyle Wilson in place of midfielder Craig Garside.

If the aim was to take the game to the home side it was an admirable one.    But from the offset it was blues goalkeeper Lee Idzi who was in the thick of the action as HJK set about his goal with Riihilati twice going close in the opening ten minutes and Sumusalo firing wide.

Idzi saved from Moren and Ring as pressure mounted but Bangor negotiated the opening twenty minutes safely.  

On the half hour Peter Hoy did well to deny the dangerous Pukki and two minutes later Chris Jones went close after Nicky Ward delivered a freekick following a foul on him by Lindstrom.

On 33 mins Michael Johnston was shown the yellow card for a foul on the pesky Pukki.   But as blues fans thought they might reach half time without incurring any damage Alex Ring scored moments after City had won a freekick.

Rafinha and Pukki went close, Lee Idzi again to the fore, but on 44 minutes the tall figure of Berat Sadik doubled the lead and brought the curtain down on a two nil advantage for the Finnish champions.   Disappointing but not disasterous for the Welsh Premier champions.


Eight second half goals followed as Bangor were blown away in a nightmare second period.

Kosovan winger Erfan Zeneli made it 3-0 two minutes after the restart and Pukki might have made things worse moments later. But on 50 mins City won a rare freekick sent in by Nicky Ward but Peter hoy missed the target. Two minutes later a foul on Sadik yielded a freekick from which Brazlian midfielder Rafinha made it four.  

By now the visitors defence were struggling to cope but as Bangor managed to threaten Alan Bull forced a save from Wallen. However on 54 mins it was 5-0 as Erfan Zeneli netted his second.

Two minutes later a double substitution saw Peter Hoy replaced by Clive Williams and Mike Walsh come on for Chris Jones. On 59 mins a double change also for HJK as Fowler and Kastrati came on for Riihilati and Sadik.  

But three goals in as many minutes made a mockery of any changes as first Teemu Pukki on 64, then substitute Kastrati and no sooner the restart that Teemu Pukki again on 67 to make the score 7-0 on the night and ten nil overall.

Four minutes later it was 9-0 as Parikka netted which prompted a final substitution with Craig Garside coming on for a weary Les Davies - and promptly receiving a yellow card for a foul on Ring. Bangor responded but Alan Bull fired wide.  

There was one final blow to bear as Kastrati finished the scoring with a telling tenth goal on the night to seal a thirteen nil aggregate victory for the Finns who now go on to meet Dynamo Zagreb. 

19 July 2011


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.