Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn 0 -4 City
City 2 - 2 Llanelli
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us


27 DECEMBER 2011

Bangor marked the final appearance at Farrar Road in some style with a five three demolition of visitors Prestatyn.  

The opening goal came inside two minutes. A second corner from the left by Sion Edwards bewildered Dave Roberts, captain Jamie Brewerton headed on and Les Davies rose above the red haired goalkeeper to head in from close range.  

Moments later a third corner, thjis time from the right, was headed by Jamie Brewerton but his effort skimmed the bar. If the S4C lads had set out to remake The Alamo they couldnt have asked for more! Six corners in the opening seven minutes ensued with Dave Morley's shot deflected over. Somehow Prestatyn survived. Then Kyle Wilson raced down the right but his low shot flashed across goal.  

As the game levelled out Michael Johnston and Chris Roberts were sure footed and purposeful for Bangor at the back.   On the quarter hour Les Davies chased down the left and fired low at the near post but Dave Roberts conceded a corner which he caught confidently. By now the game was more even with Prestatyn player manager Neil Gibson showing some neat touches.

It all came round Bangor's way again though inisde 19 minutes. Peter Hoy's well flighted pass invited a run from Sion Edwards who capitalised as the red faced Chris Davies slipped to drill home through Roberts' legs.  

The red shirted visitors halved the deficit on 26 minutes through Neil Gibson whose mazey run ended in a calm finish from six yards. A fine individual effort. Five minutes later a first Prestatyn corner was headed over by Dave Hayes. City responded with a eighth corner but Prestatyn stood firm.   But with five minutes left Prestatyn's striker Dan Evans forced an acrobatic stop from Lee Idzi with a twenty yard strike. This yielded two corners the second of which Idzi pouched confidently.  Les Davies won a ninth corner for City - playing into the wind at the Farrar End - which Chris Jones crossed but to no avail. 

The final action belonged to Steve Rogers who so nearly marked his 300th WP appearance with a goal but Lee Idzi saved bravely at his feet. One minute of added time and referee Morgan - notable by his absence - blew for the break.


No changes at the interval but of course the team's swapped ends which handed Bangor the backing of a strong win sweeping over the Farrar End.

The crowd completed its customary migration to The St Pauls End for one last time.   Pushed on by the elements and the two and half thousand blues supporters City pressed from the restart with Kyle Wilson shot blocked and Sion Edwards left footer going close, a couple more corners to Bangor took their tally to a round dozen with Dave Roberts at full stretch as Dave Morley shot off target.   But the former Liverpool youth keeper could do nothing on the hour when Dave Morley rifled home from 25 yards with the visitors defence back peddling furiously. The St Pauls End was bouncing. 

Kyle Wilson crossed from the right and at full dive Craig Garside headed wide at the back post.   On 63  minutes it was 4-1 and who better than Craig Garside to slide the ball home from close range after Chris Jones had crossed from the right. Les Davies lashed wide from the left as City looked to run riot.  

Prestatyn responded with a change as Carl Murray replaced Jon Fisher Cooke. On 66 minutes Jamie Brewerton conceded a penalty and was shown the yellow card for a handball. Penalty and Ross Stephens duly slotted home left footed to reduce the deficit to 4-2. Game on once more.  

The lighweight Dave Hayes found himself trying to lift Les Davies following a challenge on the edge of the Prestatyn box which yielded a 13th Bangor corner. Hayes needs to muscle up before tilting at the truck.

Moments later it was 5-2. A Chris Jones freekick from the left fell to Dave Morley who drove home from eight yards for his second of the day.   Prestatyn continued to play passing football with Gibson and Parker prominent. Carl Murray struck a low clean shot which forced a full length stop from Lee Idzi. But with a minute he was beaten as Mike Parker ran through the blues defence courtesy of a neat one two with Steve Rogers to finish with a calm side footed effort.

Darren Hughes replaced Dan Evans for Prestatyn on 76 minutes before a double change for City saw Mark Smyth and Alan Bull come on for Craig Garside and Sion Edwards who both looked run out.

Les Davies cut in from the left and shot right footed on target but Dave Roberts saved well. A 14th corner Brewerton headed on but Kyle Wilson nutted just over. With two minutes left Dave Morley made way for Shaun Pejic who took up a watching brief on Neil Gibson whose approach appeared conciliatory. But it was Mark Smyth who nearly netted that final goal with a well flighted left footer which just drifted wide.  

Les Davies smashed a low freekick wide of the wall but it was foot the wrong side of the post and that was the final meaningful action of the final match. The End of an era, of ninety years, marked in style by an eight goal thriller which did everything it could to be worthy of the occasion.

28 December 2011


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.