Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn 0 -4 City
City 2 - 2 Llanelli
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us



Bangor were flattered by the 3-1 scorline and grateful to a very late Les Davies freekick for securing all three points against Port Talbot.  

Whether or not Talbot manager Mark Jones enjoyed his final visit to Farrar Road - if thats what it turns out to be - we may never know. But he wont have enjoyed the result or felt his blues side deserved to head home empty handed.  

With Peter Hoy continuing in place of Shaun Pejic at rightback City were unchanged from the starting eleven that won at Bala a week ago.

Lee Idzi saved easily inside the first minute and moments later Bangor claims for a penalty as Les Davies was yanked over were ignored by referee Pratt.  On 14 mins they were ahead, minutes after Mark Smyth had shot wide midfielder Craig Garside swept home from six yards wth the ball brushing the post as it crashed into the Farrar End net. On twenty minutes Mark Smyth latched onto Alan Bull's ball on the left but fired a low shot across the goalmouth. 

Lee Idzi was the busier of the two goalkeepers in a stop start first half with freekicks and treatment punctuating play.  A fourth corner for the visitors ended in Lee Idzi saving well from Cortez Belle.  Moments later Craig Garside headed Chris Roberts' inviting cross. Both Michael Johnston and Chris Jones needed treatment as a competitive edge took hold.  

On the half hour Martin Rose and David Brooks went close before another injury break this time as goalscorer Garside lay prone. As three minutes of added time were played out Jamie Brewerton, resolute against the leviathan Cortez Belle, cleared twice with head and foot to keep the Talbot wolf from the door.   A slender lead then for Bangor but the corner count stood five one in the visitors favour.


No  changes at the interval as City kicked into the St Pauls End on a still, slightly damp autumn afternoon.  Six minutes after the restart Mark Smyth's goalbound shot took a slight deflection of Belle and beyond former Airbus stopper Kristian Rogers for a two nil lead.

Moments later Chris Jones found himself in space on the right after good work from Alan Bull and Les Davies but his shot was beaten away for a second Bangor corner.  

The first substitution of the afternon arrived on 58 mins in the shape of Lewis Harling who replaced Martin Rose. Three minutes  later the change bore dividend as Cortez Belle headed home Dylan Blain's left wing cross.

Bangor responded as Peter Hoy fired in near post from the right but Rogers saved. On 68 mins Chris Jones was yellow carded for a trip as the visitors threatened..  

Subs came and went, Dave Morley for Chris Jones the first, then a double change for Port Talbot as Leigh DeVulgt and Lee John replaced Holland and Phillips. But it was Lee Idzi with a brilliant double save from Bele and then from Sacha Walters - that kept Bangor ahead.

Sion Edwards also came on for Mark Smyth and took a yellow card to stop Blain right win progress as City clung on to the lead.   Five minutes from time Neil Thomas headed over from Dave Morley's cross then David Brooks screwed wide from the right with the goal looming large.

Port Talbot had a couple of hopeful penalty shouts waved aside by the referee as time ran out,   Referee Pratt added four minutes - played six - and in the fifth of them Les Daves drilled home a twenty five yard freekick from the right as the visitors wall conveniently hopped up and over the ball! 

The win was finally sealed and three more points to the pot, but the fact that man of the match deliberations hinge around Idzi and Brewerton probably says it all.   Nevertheless three home points and some consistency from City as the top and bottom six start to take shape.

8 October 2011


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.