Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn 0 -4 City
City 2 - 2 Llanelli
City 4 - 2 Bala
Neath 1 - 3 City
TNS 5 - 0 City
City 4 - 1 Glantraeth
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us


8 APRIL 2012

Bangor reignited their championship charge with a 4-2 defeat of battling Bala to secure a full house of twelve points against the lakesiders this season.  

City fate would rest in part in the hands of Paul McLoughlin a Dublin whistler officiating as part of an exchange programme. Perhaps those experiments would be more suitable for early or mid season matches.  

Any chance of staying in the title race depended on a home win but one time Bangor target Ian Sheridan had other ideas as he latched onto Mark Jones through ball to beat Lee Idzi inside six minutes.  

Four minutes later though City were level as Mark Smyth netted after Les Davies headed Chris Jones cross into his path. City pressed for a second as Les Davies went close a couple of times but Bala threatened through Ian Sheridan but his header was well saved by Lee Idzi. 

On 26 minutes though Mark Smyth doubled his tally to put City ahead for the first time with a far post header to take his goals total for the season to nine, all Welsh Premier strikes. The opening came from a Peter Hoy long throw flicked on by Les Davies who was giving Bala centrebacks Jones and Byron plenty to think about.   Mark Smyth went close to a first half hatrick but former Connahs Quay goalkeeper Terry McCormick denied him before Bala centreback Mike Byron shot wide from infront of goal.

Bala went close through Sheridan once more but again Idzi was on hand to keep his effort out.   City led 2-1 at the interval with the 800 strong crowd - more than that in reality but the youngsters were not charged - filed happily for a hot or cold drink of their choice.


Two minutes after the interval Bala Town's Steve Brown replaced Peter Doran.   Bangor pressed for a third through Dave Morley whose long range shot was deflected wide and Mark Smyth also going close.  

The first major controvesy of the evening came on 67 minutes when the Irish referee awarded a penalty to the visitors for a supposed foul by Lee Idzi on Steff Edwards. No Lee Hunt due to suspension so upstepped Mark Connolly to score from the spot and level the scores at two all with Lee Idzi booked in the process.   But Bangor were in no mood to be denied and urged on by the noisy crowd regained the lead two minutes later on 67 a deep corner was headed in by Peter Hoy for his fourth goal of the season.  

Thirteen minutes from time blues left winger Sion Edwards put City 4-2 ahead after defensive indecision and it was a lead they were not to lose. With around ten minutes left Neil Thomas came on for goalscorer Smyth and in the closing minutes Kyle Wilson and then Alan Bull replaced Chris Jones and Les Davies respectively.  

So a clear win for City, three big points which closed the gap to just one on leaders TNS who were - later that day - held to a draw by Llanelli to breath fresh life into the title race.

6 April 2012


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.