Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn 0 -4 City
City 2 - 2 Llanelli
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us


SATURDAY 25 FEBRUARY 2012 (KO 13.30)

Despite prematch deliberations to the contrary blues boss Nev Powell opted for a strong starting line up with the only change in the form of debutant goalkeeper Kyle Clancy on a bright, breezy afternoon at Nantporth.  

And a crowd of just over 350 filed into City's new stadium to see the blues held one all by visitors Newtown to set up an "all to play for" second leg at Latham Park on Tuesday.  

City won an early freekick crossed by Sion Edwards but Les Davies' flick drifted harmlessly wide. Two Bangor corners in the first ten minutes yielded little or nothing.

Newtown threatened through former Wrexham striker Nick Rushton but Jamie Brewerton blocked bravely.  

Bangor went ahead on the half hour when Kyle Wilson's shot was deflected beghind for a Bangor corner. Mark Smyth delivered the cross and Les Davies sent the ball back across goal for captain Jamie Brewerton to head home. 

Newtown threatened but Michael Johnston was at his imperious best and flicked the ball over Rushton's head.   With ten minutes left of the first half Chris Roberts crossed deep from the left but Thomas held Peter Hoy's header. In the Bangor goal debutant Kyle Clancy was enjoying  a quiet afternoon with just some backpasses and wayward long balls to field. City went close as Sion Edwards inswinging corner was scooped over his own bar by Jamie Price who knew little or nothing about his clearance. From the corner Jamie Brewerton headed over.  

In the final stages City won a fifth corner of the afternoon but Newtown hacked clear, then after Michael Johnston had defended well for Bangor a low cross from Sion Edwards evaded everyone and rushed out to safety. The crowd sensed the tea hut and bar were beckoning but not before Peter Hoy was poleaxed and Michael Johnston appeared to lose a tooth in a clash with a Robins striker. So half time and City led by that solitary Brewerton goal.


At half time City sent on substitutes Mark Smyth and Alan Bull for Kyle Wilson and Sion Edwards.  

Bangor had loud appeals for a penalty with some fifteen minutes to go but nothing doing. But then against the run of play an equaliser for Newtown as Nick Rushton ran through to net and spoil keeper Kyle Clancy's debut.  

City responded with a low shot from Mark Smyth which Thomas saved well, pushing the ball around for a Bangor corner. The cross was turned home but Les Davies was adjudged to have fouled the Robins custodian.

Moments later Partridge crossed and Nick Rushton went close once again.   Mark Smyth released Alaln Bull but his cross shot ran out for a goalkick.

As time ran out City won a freekick some 25 yards out which Les Davies spotted but instead Chris Roberts ran in and blasted well over. In added time Mark Smyth again forced a great save from Thomas and the Robins defence hoofed clear.

23 February 2012


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.