Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn 0 -4 City
City 2 - 2 Llanelli
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us



A much changed Bangor side were well beaten by Newtown whose counter attacking ripped City apart on several occasions at Latham Park this evening.  

City lined up with Kyle Clancy in goal, Corey Jones at right back - the teenager had played for Wales Colleges the night before - Sion Edwards on the left and Peter Hoy bravely marshalling the makeshift rearguard alongside Clive Williams. The midfield saw Neil Thomas and Craig Garside in the middle with Eddie Jebb on the right and Mark Smyth on the left. Alan Bull partnered Kyle Wilson upfront. 

Newtown took an third minute lead when a disputed corner was crashed home by Andy Jones at the near post. The next half hour was even enough, both sides had their chances, City pushing forward and Newtown looking to break with speed. Then on 35 minutes Luke Boundford made it 2-0 with a clam left footed finish.   Two minutes later (37m) it was 3-0 as Callum Wright smashed home an unstoppable freekick for the goal of the evening. It was an unlikely scoreline duly balanced by a late Alan Bull strike on the stroke of half time which saw City trail 3-1 on at the interval. Bull crashed home at the second attempt from a deep Mark Smyth corner.  

The second half was seven minutes old when Nick Rushton netted from close range for 4-1 and with the game now both stretched and open both sides missed chances which could have seen the final score 10-5 to The Robins.

On the hour City replaced Mark Smyth with left winger Les Davies but it was Kyle Clancy who pulled off a great save at close range from Zac Evans.   On 78 mins it was 5-1 as Luke Boundford headed home moments after Miles Jones had replaced Kyle Wilson. 

Peter Hoy and Neil Thomas both went close, Sean Devereux came on for Corey Jones, Les Davies lashed wide a couple of times and of course Newtown threatened with pace and purpose.  

A word too for Robins defender Andy Jones who headed clear everything that came his way.   That was it.

Dean John blew for time and City exited the cursed cup once more, with perhaps eyes on higher prizes but for Newtown welcome relief from the perils of relegation.   And it has to be said for the visiting - and perhaps some home supporters - welcome relief from the shocking, nauseous boxing or is it darts style tannoy man whose announcement of each Newtown goal was as over the top as a Vinne Jones tackle.   Good luck to Newtown in the semi finals

28 February 2012


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.