Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn 0 -4 City
City 2 - 2 Llanelli
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us


19 NOVEMBER 2011

Bangor endured a strangely subdued first half performance to score four in the second for a comfortable home win.  

But before all that the BCFCSA made a presentation to Peter Hoy for passing 200 WP appearances for the club. A well deserved accolade for the long serving defender.   

When the action got underway there were gasps from the mainstand as visting striker Jack Christopher clobbered Jamie Brewerton on half way, directly between the two dugouts. How referee Richard Harrington failed to at least caution Christopher is hard to imagine.  A two and a half minute stoppage followed with Brewerton off the field for a further ninety seconds.  

Carmarthen then turned their thoughts to football and leftpeg Cledan Davies launched a couple of long range efforts which missed the target and Nick Harrhy loosened the rust on the roof of the Farrar End.  On the quarter hour the hugely impressive number four Corey Thomas passed wide to rightback Lewis Jones whose pullback found Jack Christopher but he fired over from eight yards.  

It was twenty minutes in before Bangor mustered a serious effort as Kyle Wilson crossed from the left and Peter Hoy headed down and at Mike Lewis who was enjoying the autumn sun. On 25 minutes Lee Idzi saved well from Rhys Dalling moments after Michael Johnston's cross from the right had eluded Les Davies and Mark Smyth.  

Ten minutes before the interval Kyle Wilson cut in from the left but dragged his shot across goal. Michael Johnston was yellow carded for a pull on the hard working Dalling. Lee Idzi saved the resulting freekick cleanly. Five minutes later Peter Hoy hurled a trademark long throw which Bevan cleared but Chris Roberts fired goalwards only for Lewis to gather.  

There were three added minutes which allowed the madman Chrisopher to get himself yellow card for kicking the ball away after being flagged offside. He should have been off given the second minute incident. However referee Harrington blew for the break with a blank scoreline to mull over.


No changes at the interval but the low sun which dazzled into the St Pauls End was now of now real concern to Lee Idzi.   Certain standside oracles were cautiously optimistic that Bangor would prove hard for carmarthen to resist in the second period. How right they were.

In the first minute a Peter Hoy long throw found Dave Morley but his shot was charged down. Thirteen minutes of the second period proved unlucky for Rhys Dalling as he left to be replaced by Steffan Williams.   On 59 minutes the deadlock was broken. A booming clearance by Lee Idzi was punched away by Town goalkeeper Mike Lewis but only as far as Les Davies whose thirty yarder found the net via a slight deflection. 

Three minutes later it was 2-0 and home nerves - amongst the fans at any rate - calmed. A fine move on the right, Dave Morley and Kyle Wilson released Chris Jones whose deep cross was headed back by Les Davies for Mark Smyth to swat home from close range.  

Carmarthen fought back with a low shot from substitute Williams which took a deflection on its was through to Lee Idzi. If ever a player was going from strength to strength it must be Kyle Wilson whose powerful run down the left exposed a dogleg defence. His low cross rolled behind Les Davies but to the feet of Chris Jones whose blast struck Hicks in the back and ran to safety.

With some twenty minutes remaining a double change for Bangor as Sion Edwards came on for Chris Jones and then Shaun Pejic trotted on for Jamie Brewerton and quickly got to grips Christopher. 

Neil Thomas burst through a tiring Corey Thomas but lashed his shot over form fifteen yards.   To his credit Christopher kept plugging away with a goalbound header that Idzi pouched but on 78 minutes it was all over. Kyle Wilson passed to Les Davies who had drifted to the right. He crossed left footed to the back post and Neil Thomas netted with a diving header to the delight of the Farrar End faithful.  

Again Carmarthen rallied and Lee Idzi saved well from Kieran Howard before, with ten minutes remaining, goalscorer Thomas made way for Alan Bull. Ashley Williams came on for Geraint Passmore. Immediately Bull forced a save from Lewis as did Kyle Wilson from the left.   

The Old Gold won their third corner of the afternoon which ended with Steffan Williams shooting at Lee Idzi. 

With four minutes to goa fourth goal for Bangor arrived. Lee Idzi's kick was headed on by Chris Roberts toKyle Wilson whose calm left footed flick got the better of Lewis.

There was till time for the impressive Ashley Williams to shoot over but after two minutes of added time City fans were able to celebrate a 4-0 win which duly took the blues back to the top of the WP at the expense of TNS who crashed 3-1 at Afan Lido the night before..

22 November 2011


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.