Club information
First team

Match reports

City 0 - 3 Helsinki
Helsinki 10 - 0 City
City 3 - 2 Llanelli
Neath 2- 0 City
City 1 - 1 Aber'th
City 4 - 1 Afan Lido
Airbus 2 - 4 City
City 0 - 3 TNS
Carmarthen 1 - 2 City
City 4 - 0 Newtown
Bala 1 - 2 City
City 3 - 1 Port Talbot
Llanelli 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 1 Neath
Aber'th 0 - 2 City
Afan Lido 0 - 0 City
City 2 - 1 Airbus
TNS 3 - 4 City
City 4 - 0 Carmarthen
Newtown 2 - 1 City
City 2 - 4 Llanelli (WC)
City 2 - 1 Bala
Port Talbot 1 - 2 City
City 5 - 3 Prestatyn
Prestatyn 0 - 5 City
City 6 - 1 Cfon Wdrs
City 1 - 2 Wigan
City 2 - 1 Prestatyn
Llanelli 0 - 1 City
Bala 0 - 1 City
City - Newtown (LC)
Newtown 5 - 1 City (LC)
City 1 - 3 Neath
City 1 - 3 TNS
Prestatyn 0 -4 City
City 2 - 2 Llanelli
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop
Contact us



Bangor ended up losing this game three nil in what turned out to be ninety minutes of frustration and wasted chances.   

It could scarcely have got off to a worse start for City when a third minute corner from the right was headed home by Steve Evans, back in favour after his expulsion, with the blues defence flat footed.   

Simon Spender went close to doubling that lead as the wind pushed TNS towards the St Pauls End. But on eleven minutes Bangor had the ball in the net as Alan Bull headed back across goal from the left and Craig Garside reprised his moment of glory from last season. Unfortunately Cardiff referee Kevin Morgan saw something that didnt exist and an awarded a defensive freekick.   

Craig Jones fired over for TNS but Bangor forced their way upfield and Alan Bull stepped in from the left but saw his shot cannon off the crossbar.  Moments later Chris Jones latched onto Paul Harrison's weak punch and fired goalwards but Edwards somehow sliced his goaline clearance to safety. Edwards went upfield to drag his shot off target before Shaun Pejic crossed from the right onto the head Les Davies but he headed onto the crossbar from eight yards.   

Sion Edwards was terrorising fellow former Wrexham youngster Simon Spender on the left and showing that wingplay is alive and well in the Welsh Premier.    The half ended with New Zealand international Greg Draper seeing his low shot blocked by Shaun Pejic as TNS won their second corner and breathed a sigh of relief as refereee Morgan blew for half time. City were left to rue one poor decision and several wasted chances as the scoreline showed the visitors still had their early lead.


With the wind their backs City seemed sure to press the full timers and that is how is started off.   And as in thei first period the chief protaganist for Bangor was Sion Edwards who had Spender dizzy with a succession of crosses, first smashed over by Neil Thomas and the next by Chris Jones.

On 49 minutes Chris Jones' deft freekick invited a goal bound header from Shaun Pejic but he could not keep his effort down and another chance went begging.   

Moments later Craig Garside, a pivotal figure in the first half, fired over after Pejic's lay off. TNS had seen enough and made a double switch with Alex Darlington and Christian Seargeant making way for Matty Williams and Nicky Ward who received a mixed reception on his return to Farrar Road.   

But on the hour the move paid dividends as Ward controlled a high ball in midfield to send young Tom Roberts loose on the left. His low cross was turned home from point blank range by Greg Draper to double the visitors lead. Against the run of play and wholly unfair? Yes. But an object lesson in taking chances.   

The green and whites went close twice through Steve Evans - a towering presence still - and Matty Williams. City responded with a double change of their own with twenty minutes left as Kyle Wilson and Dave Morley came on for Chris Jones and Craig Garside. To be fair it looked more a case of trying something different more than a comment on performance.   

City forced a couple more corners - their fifth and sixth - before Mark Smyth came on for Sion Edwards. By now Bangor had just about run out of ideas and in the final minute Michael Johnston dallied and Matty Williams pounced to run clear from half way and slot home a third to rub salt, vinegar and pehaps a dash of tobasco into City wounds.   

In added time Les Davies sliced wide and headed over but somehow it was just not meant to be. Even a consolation goal was not on the agenda and a defeated blues side walked off at the end wondering how they had ended up losing 3-0 to a side they had outplayed for large periods.

9 September 2011


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.