Prestatyn Town vs Bangor City
0 1

More Information

Match Date: Tuesday, 09 April 2013
Match Time: 19:30
Attendances : 269

Starting line up




            Time Event
            85 Yellow card Yellow card - Les Davies
            84 Yellow card Yellow card - Sion Edwards
            67 Goal Goal - Chris Simm


            Bangor beat their bogey side Prestatyn at Bastion Gardens thanks to a solitary but important strike from leading goalscorer Chris Simm.


            The blues line up again included Peter Hoy in a holding midfield role as manager Nev Powell conjured up a plan to beat resilient Prestatyn.


            In the first half Seasiders fullback Anthony Stephens went close with a header but not close enough to alarm Lee Idzi. Liam Brownhill was pushing forward to good effect down the right for Bangor and he was involved a Chris Jones' cross met Chris Simm directly infront of goal. He was clearly barged in the back by Chris Davies but the well positioned Kevin Parry waved play on!


            Blues striker Chris Simm went close on the half hour with a great turn and shot from Brownhill's cross but Jon Hill Dunt reacted to push away after a wicked deflection. Then Lee Idzi saved well from Mark Smyth who went close against his old side. The pacey Parkinson had the ball in the Bangor net but the linesman's flag was up for offside.


            As half time approached a Liam Brownhill cross caused confusion in the Prestatyn box and as Chris Simm saw his shot blocked by Tommy Holmes it required a good save from Jon Hill Dunt to keep the blues at bay. But it remained goalless and as the two sides marched off at the interval it was still there to be won and lost.


            HALF TIME  0-0


            No changes at the interval


            But soon after the restart Bangor went close as Chris Jones fired narrowly wide. Prestatyn right back Chris Davies responded with a shot which flew into the side netting.


            Bangor then might have scored on a number of occasions as City were awarded a freekick as Hill Dunt handled a back pass. The kick was taken by Damien Allen as as chaos reigned Chris Simm, Dave Morley and leftback Chris Roberts all had efforts blocked or charged down before the ball was finally scrambled away.


            Full back Davies cleared off the line at Chris Simm threatened and a Bangor breakthrough looked the more likely.


            On 67 minutes City won a corner on the left which was delivered by Damien Allen for leading goalscorer Chris Simm to head home emphatically with Hill Dunt finally beaten by power of the strike. The burly custodian did keep out another fullblooded effort from the former Chester striker after Les Davies had got the better of Jason Price, and he was kept busy in the closing stages to deny Chris Roberts once and Sion Edwards twice as City fought to force the all important second goal.


            One breathtaking move started by Edwards in the leftback position saw his swerve past a handful of Town defenders before sliding the ball across to Chris Simm only for Hill Dunt to smother the low drive to the amazement of the blues fans.


            A second goal didnt arrive but nevertheless the final whistle did - and for the first time this season Bangor had beaten the Bastion Gardens side and more importantly picked up three more points in the quest for second place.


            Report by Mike Smith

            We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

            I accept cookies from this site.

            EU Cookie Directive Module Information