Matchreport: Round 10 - Saturday, 19 October 2013 - 19:30
Bangor City vs Airbus UK Broughton
0 1

More Information

Match Date: Friday, 18 October 2013
Match Time: 19:30
Attendances : 635

Starting line up



          Time Event
          86 Came in  Rob Jones (Midfielder)
            Went out  Joe Culshaw
          86 Came in  Chris Jones (Midfielder)
            Went out  John Littlemore
          65 Came in  Jamie Petrie (Forward)
            Went out  Jamie McDaid
          53 Yellow card Les Davies
          51 Goal Airbus (Budrys)
          13 Yellow card Declan Walker


          Bangor were beaten but not outplayed by table toppers Airbus whose physical stength was a telling factor on a damp Friday night at Nantporth.

          The team sheet showed that Chris Roberts was back in at leftback but there was no Damien Allen who is still struggling with a knee injury.

          Bangor kicked off attacking the Antelope End and enjoyed a fair share of the spoils in an open first fifteen minutes officiated by the slightly fussy Mr Alan Sant of Malta.

          This opening quarter ended in a yellow card for Dec Walker who conceded a freekick on the left which came to nothing. Two minutes later Airbus won a second dangerous kick which Kearney took and Lee Idzi saved.

          But it was Bangor who went closest minutes later when Dec Walker rattled the post with a thirty five yard missile which former Rhyl stopper James Coates simply didnt see. Moments later Walker was flattened by the gritty Roddy who was perhaps a touch fortunate to only see yellow from the odd little official who whistled for everythng.

          Airbus fashioned their best chance to date when former Northern Ireland striker Steve Jones crashed a low drive narrowly wide before captain Michael Johnston showed Bangor the way with two strong challenges on the edge of his box to release Chris Jones but his run into the box came to nothing.

          A Sion Edwards freekick found Les Davies but Airbus survived as clear as left back Lewsi Short cleared.

          Some twelve minutes before the interval big Chris Budrys fired over from a first corner of the evening. But again Bangor pressed and Ian Kearney had to be brave as Ryan Edwards released Jamie Petrie on the right and his shot was defelcted to Sion Edwards who was denied by Coates.

          Moments later Sion Edwards fired over from fifteen yards as chances came and went.

          The final action of the first half was a mazey run down the right by the unpredictable Ryan Wade but City scrambled the ball away and the Maltese official blew for the interval with the scores tied at nil nil. (One minute of added time was played but the board held high by the baffled fourth official showed absolutely nothing.)

          HALF TIME 0-0

          No changes at the interval.

          Bangor were now attacking the City End and Jamie Petrie tested Coates with a long range effort from the left.

          But on 51 minutes Airbus took the lead as Steve Abbot ran down the right and his low cross found Chris Budrys who could hardly miss from four yards out. Bangor responded with a shot from the adventurous Dec Walker which was turned away for a corner and a few minutes later a second flag kick for City but the big 'Bus defence stood firm. On 58 mins a yellow card for leading goalscorer Les Davies.

          On the hour Bangor had a penalty for handball against goalscorer Budrys. Up stepped Les Davies but Coates saved his kick and as the ball rollled back Dec Walker lashed over from ten yards to compound the home misery. Two minutes later the wholehearted Walker sent a booming crossfield ball to Sion Edwards but his early strike flew over from the left.

          With twenty five minutes left on the clock Jamie McDaid replaced Jamie Petrie who had taken a knock then four minutes later Ritchie Partridge came on for the veteran Steve Jones. A foul on Les Davies on the left led to a freekick for Bangor out on the left which Dec Walker smashed goalwards but struck a team mate and ended in a goalkick as City fans anticipated a corner.

          The largely anonymous canary Jamie Owen was cautioned for dissent with ten minutes left and substitute Partridge forced a good save out of Lee Idzi with a low shot. When Airbus did press Bangor defended well with Chris Roberts again showing a good sense of anticipation of danger.

          With four minutes to go a double change for Bangor saw Joe Culshaw and John Littlemore replace Rob Jones and Chris Jones respectively. The fourth official had now got to grips with the electronic gadget and showed three minutes of added time which was enough for the lumbering Kearney to get booked for a foul on Sion Edwards. A freekick claimed by Dec Walker and duly thumped goalwards but punched clear by Coates for what was the final incident of the match.

          So a home defeat for Bangor and three more points for a big, strong, organised and slightly wooden looking Airbus. For City grounds for hope and optimism.

          We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

          I accept cookies from this site.

          EU Cookie Directive Module Information