Matchreport: Round 4 - Saturday, 07 September 2013 - 14:30
Afan Lido vs Bangor City
0 3

More Information

Match Date: Saturday, 07 September 2013
Match Time: 14:30
Attendances : 173

Starting line up



          Time Event
          94 Goal Rob Jones
          90 Came in  Jamie Petrie (Forward)
            Went out  Corey Jones (Midfielder)
          88 Came in  Sion Edwards (Midfielder)
            Went out  Joe Culshaw (Defender)
          82 Goal Les Davies
          76 Came in  Jamie McDaid (Forward)
            Went out  John Owen (Forward)
          63 Goal Anthony Miley
          Yellow card Anthony Miley


          Bangor bounced back from that midweek defeat with a fine 3-0 win at Afan Lido thanks to three second half goals.


          And it was a day to remember for teenage defender Iolo Hughes who made his Welsh Premier debut in place of Chris Roberts but alongside captain Michael Johnston who was fit to resume at the back.


          Lido went close early when debutant Casey Thomas forced a fingertip save from Lee Idzi in the Bangor goal. Minutes later Idzi collected a corner when Kristian James shot was deflected behind.


          Bangor respond with a passing move which sees Jamie McDaid hit the target from twelve yards but McCreesh saved. For City the reshaped defence stood firm with Iolo Hughes impressing at leftback whilst the midfield was well served by the industrious pair Rob Jones and Ryan Edwards.


          Lido win a freekick thirty yards out but young Luke Borrelli cant find the target with his effort.


          So nothing to seperate the sides at the interval - after an evenly contested fourty five minutes - the players left the field at the Marstons Stadium.


          HALF TIME 0-0


          No changes at the interval.


          Bangor went close almost from the kick off as young Jamie McDaid crosses and Les Davies cannot steer his header home. Next Rob Jones cross deceives McCreesh and lands agonisingly on the roof of the net. Anthony Miley is booked for a foul.


          Kristian James unleashes Rameer Outlaw who runs clear but his shot is parried by Lee Idzi, great goalkeeping by the Bangor glovesman. McCreesh is on his toes then to push a Bangor freekick around the post.


          But on 63 minutes Bangor have the lead. A corner is headed home by centreback Anthony Miley to the delight of the blues contingent who have made that long journey south. Lido respond by sending on Alex Gammond for midfielder Gareth Phillips before Chris Hartland is the next name in Mr Stewart's book.


          Both sides ring the changes as Kristian James makes way for Jordan Smith and Jamie McDaid is replaced by John Owen. With ten minutes left Garyn Preen comes on for Mathew Rees. Then two minutes later Rameer Outlaw handles a goalbound Anthony Miley header in the Lido box and is perhaps harshly shown the red card and Bangor are awarded a penalty.


          Up stepped Les Davies and seconds later it is 2-0 and City now look set for three points on the south coast. The veteran Ian Hillier cant help but argue the point and is shown the yellow card.


          Lido know seem to have had the stuffing knocked out of them and Sion Edwards goes close to a third before he is replaced by Joe Culshaw. Then as time runs out eighteen year Corey Jones comes on for Jamie Petrie.


          In the dying seconds Rob Jones nets from inside the six yard box to make it three nil and confirm a hard fought away win for Bangor and a second clean sheet of the season.

          We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

          I accept cookies from this site.

          EU Cookie Directive Module Information