Matchreport: Round 14 - Saturday, 16 November 2013 - 19:30
Airbus UK Broughton vs Bangor City
0 1

More Information

Match Date: Friday, 15 November 2013
Match Time: 19:30
Attendances : 377

Starting line up



          Time Event
          84 Red card Les Davies
          83 Came in  Chris Jones (Midfielder)
            Went out  Jamie McDaid
          68 Yellow card Rob Jones
          65 Goal Jamie Petrie
          45 Yellow card Michael Johnston


          A great battling win for Bangor, the best performance of the season, and a hectic night of action which saw three red cards issued late on by Referee Kevin Parry.

          The first dismissal should have been inside five minutes though when Airbus midfielder Glenn Rule launched a wild challenge on Ryan Edwards which left the former Planemaker in a heap in the centre circle.

          Full credit to Bangor's midfield dynamo he was "up and at 'em" for the next ninety minutes with no obvious handicap.

          With Lee Owens suspended Airbus opted for Jamie Owen at right back which suited Sion Edwards who took him to the cleaners. Inside ten minutes he whipped in a low bouncing cross but no one could get the vital touch. Airbus responded through the impressive Lewis Short who ran from leftback right into the Bangor box but Michael Johnston halted his progress.

          Midway through the half a first corner of the evening to Bangor from the left delivered deep by Chris Jones but Anthony Miley could not direct his header and the ball flew into the brightly lit stand behind James Coates goal at the runway end. On the half hour Mike Roddy was rightly booked for a rash tackle on Michael Johnston with Ian Kearney also cautioned for comments passed to the official.

          Five minutes later Chris Jones and Sion Edwards combined on the left to cross for Les Davies but he headed wide. A third card of the evening for Tom Field for smashing the ball into the hoardings as a mark of dissent.

          With less than five minutes remaining the outstanding Rob Jones picked out Jamie Petrie who ran to the right before shooting low across goal - but sadly just wide.

          In the closing minutes a yellow card for Michael Johnston for a trip just outside the Bangor box but City defender the freekick and saw the half to a close without further incident. A good battling performance against an Airbus side who seemed as interested in falling out with each other as competing against Bangor.

          Worthy of mention too a solid peformance from young Joe Culshaw filling that troublesome leftback position.

          HALF TIME 0-0 - One change at the interval saw big Steve Abbot replace midfielder Tom Field.

          Bangor now attacking the Social Club End with a hundred or so noisy City fans gathered behind James Coates' goal and determined to make their presence felt.

          But with top of the table to play for Airbus pushed City back with first Steve Abbot going close and then Lee Idzi doing well to deny leftback Lewis Short and then help prevent Abbot from converting the rebound.

          Twenty minutes after the restart Glenn Rule crossed deep but Steve Abbot fired over. And by and large that was the storm weathered.
          Bangor had been on the back foot with Michael Johnston and Anthony Miley prominent but gradually eased their way forward. A deep Chris Jones cross from the right was flicked on by Les Davies and ran to Sion Edwards who worked hard to recross from the opposite side of the field but Airbus regained their composure and cleared.

          Next left winger Sion Edwards flashed a low drive wide from the left as his torment of the hapless Jamie Owen went on. But on 65 minutes the big moment arrived. Chris Jones released Jamie Petrie down the right and his low shot - textbook stuff across the keeper - nestled inside the far post to the delight of that noisy Bangor following. Fourth goal for the season for Jamie.

          Once play resumed Rob Jones was shown the yellow card by Mr Parry before on 75 minutes a double substitution by the home side saw Phil Bolland and Ritchie Partridge come on for Chris Budrys and Mike Roddy. Substitute Partridge hit the target with a well placed chip but Lee Idzi saved superbly.

          Then with seven minutes to go Chris Jones was replaced by Jamie McDaid. What happened next was instigated by Airbus replacement Phil Bolland who had his arms around Les Davies' neck and he pulled him to the floor. The big Maesgeirchen striker must have responded to the assault and once order had been restored both saw red.

          With four minutes of added time being played Jamie Owen completely lost his mind with a wild lunge on Rob Jones and referee Parry duly dispatched him for an early bath. Bangor controlled the final minutes played out ten against nine and celebrated loudly when the final whistle blew on a great performance by the red shirted citizens.

          This is what supporting Bangor is all about. Winning against the odds, singing, shouting and - in this case - singing in the streets outside the ground after the whistle. Brilliant!

          We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

          I accept cookies from this site.

          EU Cookie Directive Module Information