CPD BANGOR CITY FC  next game Caersws - Tues 2nd Dec 7.30pm FAW Premier Cup (home) gêm nesaf
  Connah's Quay Nomads Fri. 5th Dec. (away)  
  Newtown AFC - Tues 9th Dec. 7.30 (AWAY)  
Click for website in Welsh (website ung Ngymraeg)click for Welsh website
(website ung Cymraeg)
home page
latest news
club info latest news
fixtures club info
match reports
player profiles
help the club
league table
history & honours
juniors academy
Bangor City Football Club Committee
other clubs
contact us
Club Sponsors: Click here for our range of approved cars including Audi, Volkswagen, Mazda, Chrysler, Jeep, Suzuki, Kia, Seat, Honda and Mitsubishi
view our used car stock

Advertisers wanted for 2003/04 season. Your ad in match programmes and on web. Tel: 718253 for prices.

Bangor City Contact Information -
Cysylltwch â’r Clwb:

Tel/Ffon: 01248 718253
FAX: 01248 716873

The Stadium
Farrar Road
LL57 4DH



Useful Links:
(Unofficial Website)

BCSA Historical site
(Bangor City Historical archive)Bangor City Girls Team

Click to visit the League of Wales site

Website Sponsors: pioden

The Pentraeth Group
view our used car stock

Bangor City Football Club



Bangor City Football ClubWelcome to the official website of Bangor City Football Club

Sat 29th Nov Bangor 2 - 3 Rhyl, in the Welsh Premiership. City started off on the right note, scoring after 18 minutes. City have dropped 3 valuable points here.
Bangor: Turner, Peter Hoy, Alan Goodall, G. Williams, Hugh Griffiths, Ingram, Kenny Burgess (Ross Jefferies 89), Clayton Blackmore, Lee Hunt, Ricky Evans, G Roberts. Subs not used -  Paul Friel, Eifion Jones.
Rhyl: Smith, Brewerton, Wood, Atherton, Edwards, M.Powell, Wilson (McGinn 45'), Limbert, Moran, G.Powell, Graves (Adamson 83'). Sub not used: White
Scorers:  Bangor - Lee Hunt 18', Clayton Blackmore 55'.   Rhyl - Gary Powell 41' 89', Andy Moran 67'
Yellow Cards: Bangor -  Williams 43', Turner 65', Hunt 80', Evans 81', Hoy 89' Rhyl - Brewerton 80' Red Cards:  Brewerton 85'  Attendance: 534

Tues 25th Nov Bangor 5 - 5 Aberystwyth at Farrar Road, in The BBC Welsh Premier Cup. At half time City were 3- 1 down.  Now Bangor are out of the cup after drawing 5 all in an unbelievable second half.
A goal after 19 minutes by Lee Hunt put them on the right track but it was balanced one minute later by Jews for Aber. After two more goals in the first half by Aber, Jews scored on 50 minutes to make it 4 - 1. Then Hugh Griffiths scored, then an own goal by Aber, and then Lee Hunt made it 4 all. After Aber scored again Ricky got the equaliser.  TNS beat Caersws 5 - 0, when we play caersws on Tuesday the result will not matter.
CLICK HERE to see more about Aber.
Bangor: Lee Williams, Peter Hoy, Alan Goodall, Eifion Jones, G. Williams, Paul Friel, Kenny Burgess, Ross Jefferies (P Roberts 60'), Lee Hunt, Ricky Evans, G Roberts.

Aberystwyth: Jews
:  Bangor - Lee Hunt 2, Ricky Evans 1, Huw Griffiths 1, o.g. Luke Berridge 1 Aberystwyth - Glyndwr Hughes 1, Ben Jones 1, Marc Lloyd-Williams 2, Luke Sherbourne 1
Yellow Cards:  -    Attendance: 138  CLICK HERE to see more about Aber.

22nd Nov Caersws 1 - 4 Bangor in the Welsh Premiership. A fantastic result, City are now 2 points nearer to TNS after they drew last night. After Caersws beating Aber in the cup during the week, City have done extremely well to beat them on their home turf.
Bangor: Lee Williams, Peter Hoy, Alan Goodall, Eifion Jones, G. Williams, Paul Friel, Kenny Burgess, Ross Jefferies (P Roberts 60'), Lee Hunt, Ricky Evans, G Roberts.
Caersws still await their first home league win as Bangor made up ground on the leaders with this victory.
The hosts struggled to make any impression, going behind on 11 minutes when Lee Hunt set up Paul Friel for his first goal for Bangor.
Despite their early endeavours, City were almost pegged back on 27 minutes when Bluebirds midfielder Chris Venables failed to find the target from Jamie Davies's corner.
Hunt's fierce strike was tipped over the bar by keeper Andy Mulliner before three goals in the first 17 minutes of the second half effectively settled the issue.
Ricky Evans headed his side's second from Gary Roberts' right wing corner straight after the interval and Roberts was again the provider five minutes later, this time with a cross form the left, for Hunt to head in from point-blank range.
Eifion Jones was denied a further goal by the wood-work but a fourth arrived on 62 minutes when another Roberts cross form the left was nodded in at the far post by Burgess.
Caersws pulled a goal back eight minute from time when Kevin Scott's corner from the right was turned in by Graham Evans. (From The Daily Post, Mon 24 Nov.)

Caersws: Mulliner, Thomas, Howells, Reynolds, Griffiths, J.Davies, Scott, McPhee (Pierce 60'), Evans, Venables, A.Davies. Subs not used: Probert, Williams
:  Bangor - Paul Freil 11', Ricky Evans 46', Lee Hunt 50', Kenny Burgess 65'.   Caersws - Graham Evans
Yellow Cards: None: what a clean game!!!!!!! -    Attendance: 258  CLICK HERE to see more about Caersws.

Sat 15th Nov Haverfordwest 1 - 0 Bangor in the Welsh Premier League. With seven City players injured it was hard work competing against Haverfordwest. The goal seconds before half time, keeps City in 5th position in the table, and now City are 4 points behind Haver. City had a goal disallowed because of offside, just 11 minutes into the game.
A quality goal form 25-yards was enough to kill off battling Bangor City, who had just about half of their regular line-up on duty.
The match was settled on 44 minutes when County’s Tim Hicks chased a long ball over the top to volley an unstoppable shot beyond City’s emergency goalkeeper, Lee Williams.
Bangor had cursed their luck earlier when Lee Hunt’s header found the home net from debutant Les Davies’ cross, but the referee’s assistant flagged for what must have been a close offside decision.
But City also had an escape on the half-hour, captain Eifion Jones clearing off his line form an awkward cross by Nick Palmer, after which another home player , Simon Heal, fired just wide.
Bangor’s best offerings in the second half involved busy midfielder Gareth Williams, who embarked on a mazy run, only to fire wide of the target, and then Davies, who put his shot too close to keeper Lee Kendall.
Goalkeeper Williams produced a series of important saves, but Bangor’s manager Peter Davenport, admittedly missing numerous key players, conceded afterwards: “We were not sharp enough in front of goal and did not test their keeper as often as we should have done.”
With both TNS and Aberystwyth losing on Saturday, City have lost the chance of going three points nearer the top. The away game at Caersws on the 22nd of November will not be easy with injuries to many City players.

Bangor: Lee Williams, Peter Hoy, Alan Goodall, Eifion Jones, G. Williams, Price/Friel (H Griffiths 65'), Kenny Burgess (D Roberts 70'), Ross Jefferies (P. Davenport 88'), Lee Hunt, Ricky Evans, L Davies.
Haverfordwest: Kendall, Brace, W.Jones, Heal, Thomas, R.Jones, Palmer (Blain 69'), Hicks, Griffiths (Miller 76'), Loss, Ryan. subs not, used: Ralph, Chiverton.
Scorers: Tim Hicks 45'
Yellow Cards: Bangor - G.Williams 28', Goodall 49', Hoy 68', Jefferies 85', Davenport 89', Hunt 90'. Haverfordwest - Thomas 49', W.Jones 72'   Attendance: 253  CLICK HERE to see more about Haverfordwest.

Tue 11th Nov Bangor 1 - 3 TNS in the BBC Welsh Premier Cup. City were leading 1 - 0 at half time.
The Daily Post, 11 Nov 03, had this to say: PAUL ROBERTS, whose goals won Bangor City die Welsh Cup in 2000 and beat Yugoslvia's Sartid Smederevo last year, will start his long awaited comeback tonight. The26 year-old former Wrexham striker and Wales under 21 international will be among the substitutes for the BBC-FAW Premier Cup game against TNS, having been out of action for 12 months with a serious knee injury.
Roberts, who underwent surgery on a damaged cruciate ligament, resumed training several weeks ago, and has had one full outing with village club Llanystymdwy in the Caernarfon and District League.
City boss Peter Davenport said: “We are delighted to have Paul back onboard, because we have missed his finishing talents.
He is strong in the box, knows just where his target is and his record is proof of what he can do.”
Davenport is looking to make some new signings given the club's heavy programme ahead.
“We shall be playing every Tuesday and Saturday for the rest of the year and could do with more manpower to ease the pressures on the existing squad,” the manager said.
City have played all their away matches in their group, with their three home fixtures coming in the next few weeks.
They lie third in their group two points behind leaders Caersws and a point behind TNS, who haw played a game more. The top two will qualify for the knockout stages.
Davenport said: "The group is wide open, with all the teams appearing capable of taking points off each other, and now that we have three home games to come, we must make them count” Bangor played TNS away twice this season, losing 2-1 in the league and drawing 3-3 in the Premier Cup.
TNS will be without experienced midfielder Gary Brabin, who is suspended following his red-card for violent conduct in last week's 0-0 draw at Aberystwyth Town.
Fellow midfielder John Leah is still sidelined with a stomach problem.

Bangor: Phil Priestley, Peter Hoy, Alan Goodall, Eifion Jones, Clayton Blackmore (Paul Roberts, 73), Rae Ingram, Gareth Williams, Owain Tudor Jones (Gary Roberts, 46'), Ross Jefferies, Ricky Evans, Lee Hunt
TNS: Dean Williams, Martyn Naylor, Jimmy Aggrey, Chris Taylor, Tommy Holmes, David Bridgwater, Chris King, Scott Ruscoe, Simon Davies, Nicky Ward, Jamie Wood
Scorers: Bangor - Gareth Williams (23) TNS - David Bridgwater (70), Michael Wilde (74), Martyn Naylor (82)
Yellow Cards: Bangor - Rae Ingram (22), Ross Jefferies (90), Lee Hunt (90). TNS - Martyn Naylor (25), Jamie Wood (49), Jimmy Aggrey, (69), Chris King (81)' Attendance: 432  CLICK HERE to see more about TNS.
Tues 4th Nov Aberystwyth draw 0 - 0 with TNS in the BBC Premier Cup. This is a fantastic result for Bangor as we have 3 home games to play against the other 3 teams. If City beat TNS on 11 Nov, we go top of group A, the top group this season.








Total Network Solutions 5 2 2 1 14 8 8 6
Caersws 3 2 0 1 8 10 6 -2
Bangor City 4 1 1 2 11 11 4 0
Aberystwyth Town 4 1 1 2 5 9 4 -4

Sat 1st Nov Barry Town 0 - 3 Bangor City, a convincing win keeps City's 5th position in The Premier. Bangor City dominated the game. AFTER 22 attempts spanning an eight-year period, Bangor City finally celebrated a win over Barry Town - and their margin of victory could have been still greater.
Barry's troubles since they won the title last season have been well chronicled, of course, but after a bleak October, there was no disguising City manager Peter Davenport's delight at this belated success. "It was vital for us to get the new month off to a better start, and I am pleased with the way my players responded," Davenport said. "In the first half we did okay, but the atmosphere was a bit flat and not what it used to be at Barry - maybe that had an effect on my men.
"At half-time, I told the boys to pass the ball quicker and to get it wide, which is what they did."
Only Barry's debutant goalkeeper Quinn McCarthy, stood between the visitors - who had lost 17 'times and drawn five in their previous meetings with Saturday's hosts - and a hatful of goals.
The woodwork also proved a frustration for City, as Owain Jones and Lee Hunt connected with the bar and a post. Barry had looked nothing like a struggling team in the early stages and managed to find City's net on 15 minutes, through Mattie Davies, but the effort was disallowed for offside.
Around the half-hour mark Bangor suddenly clicked and Paul Gedman netted the opening goal from close range, converting Ricky Evans' free-kick from the right wing. City moved up several gears in the second half and over-ran their hosts, "although they were initially unable to convert their superiority into further goals.
Then came two strikes in two minutes. First Hunt finished off from a few yards out after Clayton Blacmore's 65th-minute cross from the right had been played on by Gedman.
Then in Bangor's next attack, a clumsy foul on Hunt resulted in a penalty which Evans converted. Jones hit the bar late on and McCarthy produced yet more breathtaking saves.
Bangor: Phil Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, E.Jones, Williams (Roberts 68'), Ingram, Burgess (Blackmore 56'), O.Jones, Gedman, Evans, (Jefferies 79'), Hunt.
Barry: McCarthy, Harris, Minett (Brown 38'), Elliott, Rees, Shakespeare, A.Hughes (S.Jones 70'), Sloman, Davies, Bale, Sherman, (Williams 65').
Scorers: Bangor - Paul Gedman 31', Lee Hunt 62' , Ricky Evans 66' (p)
Yellow Cards: Bangor - none Barry - Rees 30',  Jones 79'  Attendance: 282

Bangor v AberystwythSat 25th Oct Bangor 2 - 3 Aberystwyth. City drop to 5th in the table after their first home defeat of the season (hopefully City's last). Marc Lloyd-Williams, for so long Bangor City’s goal-scoring hero, returned to Farrar Road to embarrass his former team-mates with a winning double. Using his head from close range in each half, Lloyd-Williams mad best use of glorious deep crosses from the left from John Lawless to inflict a damaging blow to City’s title hopes.
City were one goal down after 11 minutes, "Jiws" heading in to his old club's net, on 49 minutes he did the same again, nobody can say that he does not use his head!!! Three minutes later Bangor we 3 down because of a great strike from Ben Jones.
But while Bangor manager Peter Davenport is concerned his side are slipping adrift of the Welsh Premier’s top pair, he refused to concede the championship is already lost.
Davenport said: “They do not give out the prizes in October. There is still a long way to go and anything can happen”.
Bangor’s boss blamed mistakes for the goals and added: “You cannot afford to do things like that. I think the team performance was good and we certainly applied plenty of pressure to gain probably the better share of the chances, but we did not have any luck”.
Lloyd-Williams’ opener came on eleven minutes, when he exploited slack marking in the home defence to power in a free header from eight yards. But Bangor stepped up the tempo in the closing half-hour, with Owain Jones and Paul Gedman both being denied.
City's Owain Tudor Jones pulled one back on 68 minutes, and in the last minute Ricky Evans blasted a 20-yard free-kick into the net.

Bangor: Phil Priestley, Williams (G.Roberts 65'), Goodall, E.Jones, Griffiths (Hoy 53'), Ingram, Burgess, O.Jones, Gedman, Evans, Jefferies (Hunt 65').
Aberystwyth: Worsnop, Burrows, Lee, Hennigan, Finley, Baker, Lloyd-Williams (Kelloway 89'), Morgan, Ben Jones, Hughes (Short 76'), Lawless. Subs not used: O' Sullivan, Tappin.
Scorers: Bangor - Owain Tudor Jones (68), Ricky Evans (90) Aberystwyth - Mark Lloyd Williams (11, 49), Ben Jones (52)
Yellow Cards: Bangor - Goodall 23', E.Jones 76'. Aber - Worsnop 68' Attendance: 557

Tue 21st Oct Caersws FC 1 - 6 Bangor City, in the FAW Premier Cup. Bangor City were unstoppable, and back to their normal form, with a hat-trick from Ross Jefferies. At the other Recreation Ground, Bangor settled the best and after 20 mins Ricky Evans poked home from Gedman’s flick, although there were some who felt he was lucky still to be on the field. Apart from a Kevin Scott effort over the bar, the home team rarely showed and it was no surprise at all when Ross Jefferies headed home in the 40th minute after clever, controlled build up allowed Goodall to cross well. Two more goals early in the second half from Rae Ingram and Ross Jefferies sealed the win for Bangor, but despite Graham Evans getting one back, Jefferies claimed his hat-trick with 7 mins to go. Hunt ended a sparkling performance for the visitors in the last minute, it was really one of those night’s for Bangor as everything come off and the home keeper’ Mulliner was their best player. TNS beat aber 5 - 0 in this nights game. Bangor are now level on points, but second only on goal difference, with TNS top. The big difference is that Bangor, after playing 3 away games, now have 3 home games to play. Tonight's 6 goals could make the difference if it comes down to goal difference.
Bangor: Phil Priestley, Gareth Williams, Alan Goodall, Eifion Jones (capt.), Huw Griffiths, Rae Ingram, Kenny Burgess, Owain Jones, Paul Gedman, Ricky Evans, Ross Jefferies
Caersws: Andy Mulliner, Andrew Thomas, Mark Howells, Mark Probert, Jamie Davies, Geriant Lewis, Kevin Scott, Andrew Marfell, Graham Evans, Graham Jones, Andrew Davies
Scorers: Bangor - Ricky Evans(20), Ross Jeffries(40, 47), Rae Ingram(51), Ross Jeffries(83), Lee Hunt(90). Caersws - Graham Evans(72)
Yellow Cards: Bangor - Ricky Evans(17), Huw Griffiths(25), Paul Gedman(47)








Caersws 3 2 0 1 8 10 6 -2
Total Network Solutions 4 1 2 1 11 7 5 4
Bangor City 3 1 1 1 10 8 4 2
Aberystwyth Town 4 1 1 2 5 9 4 -4

Sat 18th Oct Port Talbot Town FC 0 - 0 Bangor City. Bangor City come home with a single point. Bangor boss Peter Davenport lamented his side's recent goals drought after their fourth game without a win.
Davenport said "It was a poor game and, while we defended fine, we needed someone to get hold of the situation to produce some quality going forward".
"We are definitely lacking in that area because one or two of the players have gone off the boil".
"While we had two good chances, all too often we hit the ball wide or over the bar. We did not really test their keeper and must start to put more shots on target if we are to get back on track in the title race".
City did have chances, but Gary Roberts fired straight at keeper Simon Rayner and both Owain Jones and Gareth Williams headed too high, while Lee Hunt blazed over the bar.
Bangor missed out on a possible penalty close to half-time when Williams was bundled aside in the box, and Swansea referee John Collins was equally unimpressed later when Hunt was sent sprawling.
Second-half finishing failures involved a poor free-kick by Gary Roberts and two Hugh Griffiths headers, which flew off target.
Port Talbot sparked into action in the closing half-hour, but City survived and held out for a share of the points.
Bangor: Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, Blackmore, Griffiths, Ingram, G. Williams, O Jones, Gedman, Roberts, Hunt. Subs: Burgess, Jefferies, Evans.
Port Talbot: Rayner, Carter, Fleming, Hancock, Lima, Mainwaring, Johnson, Savage, Dodds, C. Hughes, Wigg. Subs: Cockings, Matthews, Michaels, Francome, C. Williams.

Sun 12th Oct Bangor City 3 - 3 Haverfordwest Town FC. City were 3-1 down with minutes left to play, but equalised and came away with one point. Bangor City were 2 - 0 down at half time, in the 53rd minute Lee Hunt missed a penalty. Owain Jones scored in the 76th minute, however, county were 3 - 1 up with a couple of minutes left. Paul Gedman converted a penalty, then Owain scored again in a game that ended up with a bit of trouble in the dying minutes.
Bangor: Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, E.Jones (Roberts 88'), Williams, Ingram, Burgess (Jefferies 69'), O.Jones, Gedman, Evans (Blackmore 34'), Hunt.
Haverfordwest: Kendall, Brace (Blain 48'), Ryan, Harris, Thomas, Chiverton, Miller, Hicks, Griffiths, Loss (Ralph 81'), Palmer. Sub not used: R.Jones
Scorers: Bangor - Owain Tudor Jones 76' 91', Paul Gedman 89' (p) Haverfordwest - Rhys Griffiths 7' 88', Tim Hicks 33'
Yellow Cards: Bangor - Goodhall 63' Haverfordwest - Kendall 55' Thomas 60' Griffiths 83' Attendance: 460

7th Oct Aberystwyth 4 - 1 Bangor City. After losing on Saturday Bangor still only have one point in the FAW Premier Cup. Bangor City were outgunned by Aberystwyth Town in the opening Group A fixture.
City's cause was not helped by the dismissal, midway through the first half, of Peter Hoy for two yellow cards following fouls on John Lawless.
Lee Spike headed Aberystwyth in front after Bangor failed to clear a 17th minute corner.
Bangor then enjoyed plenty of possession with the wind in their favour but rarely troubled Aberystwyth's rearguard, which included two of their former players Chris Short and Phil Baker.
The visitors came out fired up for the second half and Kenny Burgess rocked Aber briefly with a 52nd minute equaliser.
Aberystwyth soon recovered their composure and regained the lead when Chris Short's 71st minute free-kick form inside his own half somehow eluded goalkeeper Phil Preistley.
Nine minutes later Spike outran two defenders before firing his second and Aber's third. Lawless rounded off proceedings, again straight from a free-kick.

Sat 4th Oct
Bangor City 0 - 0 Glantraeth. After extra time Bangor lost 7 - 6 on penalties in the Welsh Cup.
Bangor City's game against Cumru Alliance team Glantraeth should have been a walk in the park, however the result will haunt City. Welsh Cup holders Barry Town were dumped out of the competition by Risca & Gelli United after a 2-1 defeat on Friday night. Also Uwic Inter Cardiff from the Welsh League defeated Carmarthen Town 2-1 at Cyncoed. But Aberystwyth and Cwmbran had no such problems as they enjoyed comprehensive wins.
Ex Bangor City's Marc Lloyd Williams scored four goals in Aberystwyth's 12-1 demolition of Lex, and Chris Summers also grabbed four for Cwmbran in their 5-1 win over Merthyr Saints.
Bangor: Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, E. Jones, Roberts, Ingram, Burgess, O. Jones, Hunt, Evans, Jefferies,
Subs: Paul Gedman, Paul Friel, Clayton Blackmore
Glanrtraeth: P.Pritchard, G.Owen, D.Jones, W.Gibbs, R.Davies, N.Roberts, M.Owens, M.Thomas, R.Williams, R.Owen, L.Davies
Subs: K.Roberts, P.Whelan, C.Thomas
Yellow Cards: Glantraeth - Gareth Owen
Red Cards: Bangor's Eifion Jones Attendance: nearly 1000

Fri 26th Sep
Bangor City 4 - 1 Porthmadog. Hat-trick hero Owain Tudor Jones gave Porthmadog something to think about.
Kenny Burgess hit the post after a few minutes but scored the first goal after 14 minutes. Mark Williams equalised for Porthmadog, 9 minutes before half time, only for Owain to make it 2 for City a few minutes before the break.
Owain scored his second two minutes into the second half and made his hat-trick from a penalty 1 minute before the final whistle. The Porthmadog Manager on BBC TV commented after the game saying that the result did not reflect the game.

Bangor: Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, E.Jones, Roberts, Ingram, Burgess, O Jones, Gedman (Jefferies 85'), Evans, Hunt. Subs not used: Griffiths, Friel
Porthmadog: McGuigan, JG Jones, Harrison, Parry (Wagstaff 75'), Webber, E.Williams, Hughes, Caughter (T.Williams 61'), M.Williams, C.Owen, R.Owen (Pugh 61'). Sub not used: B.Evans
Scorers: Bangor - Kenny Burgess 14' Owain Jones 41' 47' 89' (p) Porthmadog - Mark Williams 35'
Yellow Cards: Bangor - Hoy 28', Hunt 83' Porthmadog - Caughter 46'  Attendance: 558

Tues 23rd Sep TNS 3 - 3 Bangor City. The might of TNS were tested on Tues with three goals a peace in the FAW Premier Cup. After losing to TNS a few weeks ago, in the league game that could easily have seen City the victors, Bangor come away with one point and stay well in contention. Goals - Lee Hunt 2, 32, Ray Ingram 69, (TNS- Martin Naylor 9, John Toner 50, Jamie Wood (pen) 62) At the Recreation Ground, we had an absolute thriller that again finally ended all-square, as the teams shared 6 goals. Bangor took an early lead after just 2 minutes when Lee Hunt turned and fired home from the edge of the box after some slick inter-passing. Martin Naylor equalised in the 9th minute, rather bizarrely as his free kick from his own half sailed over the head of ‘keeper, Phil Priestley. It was no surprise when Bangor regained the lead in the 32nd minute as Gary Roberts slide the ball through for Lee Hunt to claim his second.
TNS turned the game on its head in the first 15 minutes of the second half as Jamie Wood hit the post to leave John Toner with a simple tap-in, as a visiting player lay injured before Wood fired home a penalty in the 62 minute. Few could see what the award was for, as Bangor's Goodall didn't seem to make make contact with anyone, but the referee was very decisive in awarding the spot kick. There were few who would complain that Bangor deserved an equaliser as Rae Ingram scored with 20 mins to go. Both teams had chances but a draw was a fair result.
Bangor: Phil Priestley, Peter Hoy, Alan Goodall, Eifion Jones, Gareth Williams, Rae Ingram, Kenny Burgess, Owain Tudor, Jones, Paul Gedman, Ricky Evans,Lee Hunt
TNS - Dean Williams, Martin Naylor, Chris King, Gary Brabin, Jimmy Aggrey, Chris Taylor, Scott Ruscoe, Jamie Wood, John Toner, Simon Davies, John Leah
[our thanks to for the report]

Fri 19th Sep Bangor City beat Newtown AFC 5 - 2 on Friday evening. Paul Gedman's hat-trick kept Bangor hard on the heels of the leaders.
Although Newtown worked tirelessly, and carved their fair share of chances, they often found themselves sliced open by City.
But Robins boss Roger Preece remained upbeat after seeing his side create several good chances.
"Danny Barton missed a great chance to make it 2-2 early in the second half", he said . "That would have made a difference".
"We can take positives from the way we went forward but we now have to work on the negatives, and the fact we conceded five goals".
In a frantic opening the visitors took a third-minute lead as Kenny Burgess' excellent cross from the right was headed home by Lee Hunt.
Ricky Evans then missed a penalty, his shot saved by Steve Goodwin after Nick Evans had tripped Hunt.
Within 60 seconds Newtown were level when visiting Keeper Phil Priestly was caught in possession by Peter Smith, who slotted into an empty net
Bangor: Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, E.Jones, Williams, Ingram, Burgess, O.Jones (Griffiths 78'), Gedman, Evans (Jefferies, 70'), Hunt (G.Roberts 70').
Newtown: Goodwin, Evans, Giles, Hughes (Fenton 70'), Wooliscroft, Jellicoe, Wickham (Reynolds 75'), Futcher, Barton, Smith, McKenzie. Sub not used: Sudlow
Scorers: Bangor - Paul Gedman 44' 60' 71', Lee Hunt 9', Rae Ingram 56' Newtown - Peter Smith 12' 90'
Yellow cards: Bangor - O.Jones 25', Evans 68' Newtown - Futcher 62' Attendance - 420

Tues 16th Sep
Bangor City beat Porthmadog 2 - 0, winning 3 - 1 on aggregate. After Porthmadog's 4 - 0 defeat by TNS at the weekend. Bangor and Porthmadog had question marks over the availability of key players in the run-up to the night's Loosemores Welsh Challenge Cup first round, second leg match at the Traeth, where nearly 400 people turned up.
Two goals in six minutes near the end booked Bangor City progress in the League cup, in which they have a love-hate relationship, after loosing in five finals.
Porthmadog who had performed as equals in the first half but were under pressure later, finally capitulated through strikes by Adam Goodall after 79 minutes and Owain Jones after 85.
Goodall's overdue opener came with an edge-of-the box shot that squirmed under Porthmadog keeper Gerard McGuigan and Jones's killer second goal was from 10 yards after Paul Gedman's set up.
Porthmadog had enjoyed the better of the early exchanges with Emrys Williams dragging a shot across the face of city's goal and Carl Owen facing keeper Phil Priestley to execute a brilliant save.
From the resultant corner, Lee Webber powered in a header from 12 yards beyond the back post only for Goodall to clear Bangor's line.
When City had their enterprising spell Ross Jeffries swept an effort wide from the edge of the box and Gedman shaped to punish a loose ball until Webber got in a timely block.
Port left-wing-back Richard Owen has double trouble - his tonsillitis being followed by a toe infection did not help Porth.
Club captain Mike Foster and midfielder David Evans, meanwhile, were both ruled out of the night's encounter.
City checked on striker Lee Hunt, who has been suffering from flu, while the rest of the squad had an expected vote of confidence after their 7 - 2 victory over Cwmbran Town in the team's last match.
Before the match, manager Peter Davenport said "It was a good contest with Porthmadog at our ground and we shall have to play well if we are to stand a chance of making progress in the cup."
Sat 6th Sep Bangor City 7 - 2 Cwmbran Town. City in SEVENTH HEAVEN.
SRampant leaders Bangor City tore Cwmbran town to shreds on the way to a magnificent seven-goal haul.
City's manager Peter Davenport admitted: "A lot of things went right for us and we were too hot to handle".
"I was a bit concerned at the start but, when we went two up, things changed and the third goal just on half time enabled us to switch into cruise control later".
Davenport was also delighted  with the quality of the goals, notably a 30-yarder by Clayton Blackmore, who flighted a wonder shot from the right into the top corner. But before Bangor had got into their stride, there were defensive jitters, with Cwmbran's Chris Summers putting over an early gift on goal, and Kevin Wallace miscuing with a header and a shot.
It took a penalty on 19 minutes for City to seize the initiative, with Ricky Evans wrong-footing keeper Marty Ellacott after team-mate Paul Gedman had been sent sprawling by Richard David.
Ross Jefferies, a last minute replacement for Lee Hunt, belted a 20-yarder a couple of minutes later.
An uncharacteristic blunder by City keeper Phil Priestley, allowing an innocuous Rhodri Jones shot to squirm through his legs for a soft reply, put Cwmbran back in contention.
But Owain Jones used his height to head Bangor's third from a corner on half-time, and the hosts visibly gained in confidence, leading to an array of chances.
Blackmore's beauty was the first, Gedman then struck an edge-of-box special Jefferies finished off a corner from six yards and Evans wrapped things up eight minutes from the end.
Overwhelmed Cwmbran managed a second reply from sub Kaid Mohammed, who outpaced the home defence in one of the visitor's few attacking moves, but that did nothing to detract from Bangor's best display of the campaign so far. (from the Daily Post Mon 8 Sep)
Bangor: Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, E Jones, Blackmore, Ingram (Griffiths 66), Burgess, O Jones, Jefferies (G Williams 69), Evans, Gedman.
Cwmbran Town: Ellacott, Carter, Smothers, R Jones, Mainwaring (Hurlin 75), David (Green 46), Summers (Mohammed 55), Moore, Welsh, Wallace, Edwards.
Scorers: Bangor - Ricky Evans 19(p) 84(p), Ross Jefferies 21' 62', Owain Jones 44', Clayton Blackmore 51', Paul Gedman 55' Cwmbran Town - Rhodri Jones 28', Terry Green 63'
Yellow cards: Bangor - Priestley 39', Jefferies 69'. Cwmbran - Summers 39', Mainwaring 69', Moore 79' Attendance: 364

Wed 3rd Sep Bangor City 1 - 1 Porthmadog. City heading forward in the League of Wales Cup
Striker Lee hunt battled the flu to bolster the home clash with Porthmadog. Wing back Peter Hoy returned after a one-week ban to kick off the first-round first-leg derby. The Gwynedd rivals are due to meet again at the Welsh Premier newcomers' Traeth ground on Tues, Sep 16. Hoy, who was signed by Bangor in the close-season from Cammell Laird, had a seven-day suspension carried over from the last campaign. City have mixed emotions over the League Cup, having reached the final five times, including last season, when they lost to Rhyl on penalties. Porthmadog scored in the first half. City pounded away at Porthmadog's goalmouth hitting the crossbar and post, the City goal didn't come until a few minutes before full time. The citizens have to fight hard in the second leg, as Porthmadog put up a great battle. The picture shows one of many close misses that Bangor had. Click pic for larger image.

Sun 31st Aug
TNS 2 - 1 Bangor City. Wood's double strike halts Bangor's charge.
TNS battled back to condemn Bangor to their first Welsh Premier defeat of the season in a hard-fought encounter at Treflan.
Two goals from Jamie Wood late in the first half proved decisive.
The game was just two minutes old when the visitors took the lead as Kenny Burgess cut in from the right to drill his angled shot past keeper Dean Williams.
TNS, looking sluggish following last Thursday's Uefa Cup exploits, continued to be on the back foot and survived strong handball claims moments later.
The encounter continued at a frantic pace before two goals in three minutes swung the balance in favour of TNS.
First, Woods converted a 35th minute penalty into the top left-hand corner after Chris Taylor was tugged back following Davies' free kick. The forward added a second moments later when heading in from close range.
But Bangor stuck to their guns and were always in hunt. Sub Gary Roberts miskicked when well placed, while fellow sub Ross Jefferies, Paul Gedman and Ricky Evans were all off target in the closing stages.

Bangor City: Priestley, Blackmore, Goodall, E Jones, G Williams, (G Roberts 72), Ingram, Burgess, Tudor Jones, Hunt (Jefferies 65), R Evans, Gedman.
TNS: D Williams, Toner (Wilde 67), King (Bridgewater 82), Brabin, Aggrey, Taylor, Ruscoe, Wood, Ward, Davies (Beck 85), Leah.
Scorers: Bangor - Kenny Burgess 3', TNS - Jamie Wood 36' (p) 38'
Yellow cards: Bangor - Williams 35', O.Jones 58'. TNS - Aggrey 44', Leah 59', Davies 83'. Attendance: 441

Sat 23rd Aug Bangor City 5 - 0 Welshpool Town.
Bangor City still Top of the Welsh Premiership.
The picture shows Bangor scoring the 4th goal in a brilliant game. (click image for a larger image). 303 turned up at Farrar Road  to see a goalless first half. Lee Hunt was tripped minutes into the second half, and the referee Bevan pointed to the penalty spot. Paul Gedman's shot was almost stopped by the keeper, but it went in.
Gareth Williams put the 2nd in the net. Owain Jones headed the 3rd from a corner. Ron Jefferies scored the 4th minutes after coming on as a sub. Lee Hunt had a goal disallowed for offside. Another corner from Gary Roberts helped Ross Jefferies to make it 5-0 5 minutes from time, which means that the Citizens have scored 10 in the last two matches.
Bangor: Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, E.Jones, Blackmore, Ingram (Griffiths 82'), Burgess (Roberts 56'), O.Jones, Hunt, Gedman (Jefferies 71'), Williams.
Welshpool: Brown, Thomas, Windsor, Cookson (G.Jones 82'), Wilding (Ingram 50'), Stevenson, Davies, Evans, Rogers, C.Roberts, Courtney (Loughnane 74'). Subs not used: I.Jones, Bloor.
Scorers: Ross Jefferies 75' 85', Paul Gedman 48', Gareth Williams 56', Owain Jones 66'
Yellow cards: Bangor - E.Jones 10', Goodall 60' Welshpool - Wilding 12', Roberts 79', Cookson 81', Rogers 49'. Attendance: 303

Tue 19th Aug
Newi Cefn Druids FC 1 - 5 Bangor City.

In the second game of the season Bangor City finally found their shooting boots on Tuesday to condemn Newi Cefn Druids to 5-1 home defeat.
Peter Davenport's side failed to score in their opening day draw at Afan Lido, but the Citizens needed only six minutes to find the net at Cefn.
Paul Gedman delivered the telling strike, and the new signing went on to grab a further three goals against his former club.
Gareth Williams also got himself on the scoresheet before the home side grabbed a late goal through Richard Snell.
Bangor: Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, E.Jones, Williams, Ingram (Jefferies 76'), Burgess, O.Jones, Hunt, Gedman, Roberts. Subs not used: Griffiths, Reay
NCD: McIntosh, Allen, P.Dowridge, Cowap (Cooper 75'), J.Dowridge, Williams (Evans 64'), Cunnah, D.Desormeaux, Snell, J.Desormeaux, O.Jones. Subs not used: Shannon, O' Shaughnessy, R.Jones
Scorers: Bangor - Paul Gedman 6' 15' 40' 67', Gareth Williams 62'. NCD - Richard Snell 73'
Yellow cards: Bangor - Gedman 60' NCD - P Dowridge 27', J.Desormeaux 54. Attendance: 325

Sat 16th Aug Afan Lido 0 - 0 Bangor City.  Pitch battle
Furious City chief fumes at Afan Lido’s sandy surface.
Bangor City were happy to get a point in this goalless deadlock – but condemned the Afan Lido pitch as “disgraceful and dangerous”.
City manager Peter Davenport fumed: “the playing surface was diabolical, especially when, on the opening day of the season, you expect the conditions to be pristine”.
“From a distance, the pitch looked green but there were bald patches all over the place”.
“Tons of sand had been spread liberally, and the bounce of the ball was unpredictable, so it took the players two or three touches to gain control of it”.
Lido officials explained summer pitch repair work had gone wrong.
Davenport added: “People advocating summer football should have their heads examined, if this is the sort of surface that would be available”.
The City boss was pleased with his team’s performance, especially defensively, but admitted they lacked a touch of guile in attack.
City’s Owain Jones rattled a shot against the crossbar and new signing Paul Gedman was also denied by the woodwork.
Jones, along with Clayton Blackmore and Lee Hunt, wasted other opening, while home keeper Brian Thomas made a series of fine saves.
Lido – who failed to seriously threaten the Bangor goal – had Chris Pridham red carded in 15 minutes from the end for a second bookable offence.
In all eight players – four from City – were booked by Aberdare referee Steve Hames.
Afan Lido: Thomas, Shrimpton, Parry, P Evans, Holmes, Rickard, Walters, Pridham, Bartley (Kinsey 83), O’Leary, Felton. Subs: Martin, Lewis, McCreesh, Osborne.
Bangor City: Priestley, Hoy, Goodall, E Jones, Blackmore (Roberts 63), Ingram, Burgess (Williams 85), O Jones, Hunt (Jefferies 80), R Evans, Gedman.
Yellow cards: Bangor - Blackmore 43', Hoy 66', Goodall 76', Hunt 79'. Afan Lido - Holmes 21', Pridham 33', Walters 67', McCreesh 78'. Attendance: 180

Sat 9th Aug 2003  Bangor 1 - 0 Colwyn Bay
A goal by Lee Hunt in the 70th minute proved City dominated the game.
Tue 5th Aug 2003  Vauxhall FC 2 - 1 Bangor
A first minute penalty put Vauxhall in front. Gary Reah equalised in the second half. With 10 men on the pitch, city conceded the second. The score did not reflect the efforts by the citizens.
Fri 1st Aug 2003  Bangor lost 2 - 1 at Llangefni in a friendly.
Injury forced Davenport to play the last few minutes himself in a tough game in which Eifion Jones scored Bangor's goal

Wed 30th July 2003 Bangor 4 - 1 Wrexham VI
Bangor played a very lively team, with the eldest being no more than 18 years old. Wrexham VI put up a great battle but could not stop Bangor from scoring on home turf. Goal scorers were Owain Tudor Jones (2), Kenny Burgess and Lee Hunt. The new Bangor team included the new signing of Ray Ingram.
Team: 1 Phil Priestly, 2 Peter Hoy, 3 Alan Goodall, 4 Gwyn Jones, 5 Aled Rowlands, 6 Ray Ingram, 7 Kenny Burgess, 8 Owain Tudor Jones, 9 Lee Hunt, 10 Ricky Evans, 11 Gary Roberts, 12 Sean Monument, 14 Gareth Williams, 15 Luke Campbell, 16 Gwyn Edmor, 17 Hugh Griffiths

Sat 26th July 2003 Bangor 3 - 0 Poulton vics a great result on Saturday 26 July

Wed 23rd July 2003 Bangor win 6 - 0 in Bethesda
A convincing win in the first of this summers friendly games. Bangor scored 3 goals in each half. Scorers - Ross Jefferies, Owain Jones (2), Eifion Jones, Alan Goodall and sub Gavin Edwards.

Mon 30th June 2003 Bangor go down 5 - 2 in Rumania
Bistrita win 6 - 2 on agg. Bangor City's European dream came to an end when they were well beaten by Gloria Bistrita in the second leg of their Intertoto cup tie in Transylvania.
The Welshmen faced an uphill battle against their full time opponents having lost the first leg 1 - 0 at Rhyl's Belle Vue last week.
However, manager Peter Davenport's team got off to a perfect start when Ricky Evans fired in a brilliant 30-yard free-kick after 16 minutes.
But it proved to be a false dawn as Gloria, led by Romanian international Lucian Sanmartean, began to take control and were soon back on level terms through Adrian Anca.
Sanmartean and Sergiu Mindrean put the Romanians in the driving seat during the second half before, with just over 10 minutes left, Bangor had defender Alan goodall controversially sent off following a challenge on Vasile Popa.
Sanmartean (85) and substiture Ciprian Bucuroaia (89) completed the rout, but there was still time for Bangor's Ross Jefferies to receive his marching orders for violent conduct.
The striker was deemed guilty of retaliation amid a mêlée on the edge of the 18-yard area.
Evans netted a consolation penalty for the visitors in injury-time. Bangor club secretary Alun Griffiths reflected: "naturally Peter Davenport is disappointed but in the end I think we were beaten by a better team over the two legs"
Bangor: Priestley, Short, Jones, Goodall, Rowlands, Hoy, Blackmore, Evans, Jones, Roberts, Jeffries. Subs: Owen, Griffiths, Burgess, Williams, Reay, Davenport.
Gloria Bistrita: Cimpeanu, Mindrean, Rus, Popa, Coroian, Jula. Subs: Anghel, Negrean, Bucuroaia, Radu, Velcea, Sabou, Arbanas.

Davenport: "We're not afraid of Dracula boys" City boss sure trip can yield cup success.
Mon 23rd June 2003
Bangor v Gloria BistritaBANGOR may be travelling into the deepest depths of Transylvania for the second leg of their Intertoto Cup clash, but Peter Davenport says his team should have no fear of what they'll meet.
The Citizens lost 1-o to Romanian side FC Gloria Bistrita but showed enough to suggest they will be able to create chances in the shadow of Dracula's castle.
Davenport said: "I asked the lads to put their hands up if anyone thinks we can't go and win. The result was pretty unanimous. They're confident and I really believe it's still wide open.
"We need to get at their keeper a bit more but we can beat them". While the sun hasn't yet set on last season at the Bernabeu, in the equally sunny climes of Rhyl's Belle Vue Ground the next campaign was in full swing.
The Intertoto is much-maligned for its early start and Bangor's players could only enjoy a few brief weeks off since the end of the Welsh Premier, offering them little time to prepare for this game.
Davenport had, said earlier he knew nothing specific about their Romanian opponents other than they would be supremely technical. This, tethered with the fact that Bangor were anything but fully fit following their brief break, was going to make for a tough afternoon.

Their opponents' skill was evident from the off and phil Priestly was called into action on eight minutes with a fantastic save from Vasile Jula. But just when it looked like Gloria may pile on the pressure with their pretty passing movements, Bangor's weary troops found an extra gear.
Set plays were their most productive tactic, and on 33 minutes they had their first clear-cut chance when striker Gary Reay was slipped through by Ricky Evans.

But as the new recruit stretched to connect, keeper Costel Cimpreanu was able to block.
Aled Rowlands then set up midfielder Owain Tudor jones with a free header, but he couldn't direct it goalwards, before Gary Roberts had to clear off the line from Jula at the other end.

Bangor came out fighting in the second period and Peter Hoy was presented with another free header that should have been on target. But if City do qualify for a next round clash with Italians Brescia, it will be thanks inlarge to the efforts of keeper Priestley.
He made a great save following a freekick routine from dangerman Ciprian Visilache, before the same man inexplicably missed from under the bar a few minutes later.
But the 'Dracula Boys' drew blood on 69 minutes when the lively Sergiu Mindrean outfoxed the Bangor backline and slipped in Jula for an easy tap-in.
As the game went on Devenport used all three subs to combat tiring legs, but resisted the tempation to send himself on.
One of the replacements, striker Lee Hunt, who had been suffering with illness, headed against the bar from Alan Goodall's cross.
Priestly was called into another fine save from Mindrean, before Bangor again raised the temperature to enjoy the best of the closing stages. With bodies piling up front Bangor pumped the ball forward and had the Romanians rattled.
So much so that sabou Danute certainly didn't enjoy his trip to Rhyl, being sent off just a few minutes after coming on for two bookable offences. He followed up a scything challenge on Chris Short by stupidly kicking the ball away and being given his marching orders.
The red card pumped up Bangor for a final assualt but big defender Eifion Jones smacked the ball against the post in the final minute.
BANGOR: Priestley; Short, Goodall, Jones, Rowlands, Roberts (Jefferies 75), Evans (Williams 64), Hoy, Tudor Jones, Burgess, Reay (Hunt 60), Subs: Davenport, Griffiths.

Article written by Andy Gilpin, published in The Daily Post, Mon 23 June 2003

Sat 21st June 2003  Bangor travel to Gloria, 1 goal down

Bangor Took on FC Gloria Bistrita at Rhyl's Belle Vue ground on Saturday, but lost 1 - 0. Even though Gloria were down to 10 men with a few minutes left in the game, Bangor could not get the ball in the net, hitting the crossbar was the closest they came to scoring.
FC Gloria hail from the Transylvanian town of Bistrita. Located at the foot of the Borgo mountains, only about 50 kilometres away from Dracula's castle, Bistrita is a town of 90,000 people
The club was formed in 1922, and have previously played under the names, Ceramica Bistrita (1922-1946) CS Bistrita (1946-1947) Gloria play in Blue and White and occupy the 15,000 capacity Gloria Stadium.
Gloria played their first game in Romania's top flight back in 1990, and whilst have never won the domestic championship, have appeared in two Romanian cup finals, beating Universitatea Craiova 1-0 in 1994 and losing 3-1 to Steaua Bucharest in1995.
This season saw the club's highest ever league finish, when the side finished third in the national league behind rivals Rapid Bucharest and Steaua Bucharest.
Although in these past 25 years the club has brought forward a number of great players such as Romanian International striker, Viorel Moldovan, who starred in Spain before making an ill-advised move to Coventry City, they were not promoted to the top league before 1990. In the nineties Gloria completed in the European competition three times, but with limited success.
In last seasons Intertoto Cup, Gloria progressed against sides from Luxembourg and Albania before bowling out to French side Lille.

For Previous Match Reports click here

Bangor City Football Club

Club Sponsors:

Click here for our range of approved cars including Audi, Volkswagen, Mazda, Chrysler, Jeep, Suzuki, Kia, Seat, Honda and Mitsubishi 

view our used car stock


Website Sponsors:Pioden

home : latest news : club info : fixtures : match reports : player profiles : help the club : league table : history & honours : academy : committee : shop : scorers : pictures : other teams : discussion : contact us : welsh site