Club information
First team
Match reports


Reserves fixtures
Match reports
Supporters' Assoc.
Club shop



Saturday, 4th February – Holyhead Town FC 2 - 3 Bangor City FC

Last Saturday at the Millbank Playing Fields in Holyhead the Reserves, playing Holyhead Town for the third time this season this time in Round Two of the Bob Owen Memorial Shield, were 3 – 1 up at half time, and despite a late second half fight back by Town held out to record an away win for the first time since  October 22nd. 

In miserable wet and windy conditions on a pitch that in parts resembled a swamp City got off to a flyer when just 2 minutes into the game a Craig Whelan free kick from outside the Holyhead penalty area was powered home at the far post by Konrad Bialozynski to give City the lead.
The lead, however,  only  lasted 3 minutes as following a mix up in the City defence Dan Doyle restored parity.
For the rest of the half City dominated the game and it was no surprise when on the half hour mark club top scorer Lance Williams struck a superb shot from some 30 or so yards which rocketed into the Holyhead net to make the score 2 – 1. City continued to put the home defence under pressure but Elliot Smith in the Town goal was in fine form. Smith was however powerless to prevent City increasing the lead on 42 minutes when following a short corner from the right David Algieri crossed and Frankie D’Angio’s persistence paid off in the ensuing melee in the quagmire that was the home penalty area and he scored to make the half time score Holyhead Town 1 Bangor City 3

In the first 20 minutes of the second period Bangor made but failed to take a number of chances any one of which would have put the game beyond Holyhead and then on 72 minutes Holyhead mounted a rare foray into the Bangor half and Dewi Thomas scored to make the score 3 – 2 and the last 18 minutes an anxious wait for the City fans who had braved the conditions. David Algieri almost latched on to a through ball from Lance Williams which would have given City a decisive fourth goal and in the closing minutes Holyhead  won a corner and, with goal keeper Smith involved again this time adding his considerable height to the attack, almost equalised to force extra time but thankfully the mud in the goal mouth caused the ball to bobble harmlessly wide of the City goal so the Full-time score was Holyhead Town 2 Bangor City 3

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Damion Bialozynski, 2. Craig Whelan, 3. Ryan Woolley, 4. Jason Edwards, 5. Konrad Bialozynski, 6. Josh Roydes, 7. Myles Jones, 8. Sean Devereux, 9. Lance Williams,
10. Frankie D’Angio, 11. David Algieri  Sub: 12. Nick Roberts

Next Reserves game:-  Saturday, 18st February 2012  Gwynedd League away to Bangor University Kick-Off 2.00pm

Saturday, 21st January - CPD Llanllyfni 6 - 1 Bangor City FC

With keeper Paul Davies training with the first team at Nantporth, top scorer Lance Williams and the Lowndes twins unavailable and Ryan Woolley and Myles Jones both out injured manager Haydn Jones gave starts to Damion Bialozynski in goal and to Gwion Tegid and Frankie D’Angio up front and welcomed back Konrad Bialozynski from injury at centre back.

Playing down the slope and against the strong wind in the first half City began promisingly but were rocked on 6 minutes when Damion Bialozynski in the City goal bowled the ball out to his brother Konrad on the City left who was dispossessed and Arron Hughes scored for the hosts with ease. On 29 minutes the same scorer capitalised as Bialozynski stayed on his line as the wind caught an attempted City clearance and calmly scored  his, and Llanllyfni’s, second goal.
City rallied and playing some attractive football put the home defence under pressure which paid off as the half closed when Frankie D’Angio broke into the Llanllyfni box and was brought down. Referee Arwel Jones pointed to the spot and Craig Whelan scored the resulting penalty to make the score at Half-time Llanllyfni 2 Bangor City 1

In the second half now playing up the slope City’s youngsters struggled to penetrate the well organised home defence and in contrast the hosts breached the City defence repeatedly at intervals throughout the half with Wil Wright scoring Llanllyfni’s third goal on 49 minutes, Llanllyfni’s man of the match Arron Hughes completing his hat trick to score the fourth by converting a penalty on 52 minutes, after Damion Bialozynski was adjudged to have committed a foul,  and scoring his fourth and Llanllyfni’s fifth goal on 75 minutes. Kelvin Roberts scored on 85 minutes to complete the rout and make the score at Full-time Llanllyfni 6 Bangor City 1

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Damion Bialozynski, 2. Jason Edwards, 3. Sion Parry, 4. Konrad Bialozynski, 5. Sean Devereux, 6. Craig Whelan, 7. David Algieri, 8. Corey Jones, 9. Gwion Tegid, 10. Shaun Lock, 11. Frankie D’Angio Subs: 12. Gethin Rowlands (replaced 7 on 75 minutes), 13. - , 14. Josh Roydes (replaced 10 on 80 minutes).

Next Reserves fixtures:-  Saturday, 4th February Bob Owen Memorial Shield Round Two away to Holyhead Town FC Kick-Off 1.30pm; Saturday, Saturday 18th February Gwynedd League away to Bangor University Kick-Off 2pm; 25th February Gwynedd Safeflue Shield Round 2 away to Llanfairfechan Town FC Kick-Off 1.30pm.

Saturday, 14th January �" Holyhead Town FC 1 - 0 Bangor City FC

At the Millbank Playing Fields in Holyhead in bright winter sunshine the Reserves played Holyhead Town last Saturday in their first fixture of the New Year and ended up narrowly losing a closely fought and entertaining game.

City had most of the possession in the first half and kept the home defence under sustained pressure without ever looking likely to score.
When Holyhead attacked the City back line was marshalled well by the experienced Sion Parry making his debut for City at centre half and City keeper Paul Davies was in outstanding form. With both defences proving impregnable the score at Half-time was Holyhead Town 0 Bangor City 0

In the second half Town came into the game more and it was largely end to end action with Davies and the Town keeper heavily involved and keeping the game goal less.
Gethin Rowlands made way for Dafydd Evans on 58 minutes and shortly afterwards Frankie D’Angio replaced Shaun Lock as manager Haydn Jones rang the changes to try and break the deadlock but still neither side could convert their chances. City’s last change came on 83 minutes when the injured Ryan Woolley was replaced by Gwion Tegid.
With 5 minutes to go just as it looked like the game would remain goalless City’s hopes of gaining at least a well deserved point from the game were dashed when, after referee Lloyd Edwards had overlooked two blatant fouls on Bangor forwards in the Holyhead half, Town broke into the City half and Paul England at last managed to beat Davies in the City goal. In the dying minutes City almost equalised but at Full-time the score was Holyhead Town 1 Bangor City 0

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Paul Davies, 2. Ryan Woolley, 3. Jason Edwards, 4. Sion Parry, 5. Craig Whelan, 6. Gethin Rowlands, 7. Sean Devereux, 8. Myles Jones, 9. Shaun Lock, 10. Corey Jones,
                             11. Lance Williams Subs: 12. Gwion Tegid, 13 - , 14. Dafydd Evans, 15. Frankie D’Angio, 16. David Algieri

Next Reserves game:-  Saturday, 21st January 2012 away to CPD Llanllyfni Kick-Off 2.00pm

Last Sunday, 15th January Bangor City Under 19’s travelled to Aberystwyth and lost narrowly by 1 goal to nil  in a very entertaining match between to evenly matched sides.

Tuesday, 20th December - Bangor City FC 2 - 4 Holyhead Hotspurs FC

For the last ever Reserves game at Farrar Road there were four changes to the previous Saturday’s starting line up with Dan and Matt Lowndes both returning from long injury layoffs, Neil Thomas replacing Damien Allen in midfield and David Algieri, a second half substitute on Saturday retaining his place.

The game kicked off in heavy rain with City’s reserves attacking the St Paul’s end for the last time and for the first half hour the game was even as both sides tried to adapt to the conditions. Unfortunately Matt Lowndes was only involved for 17 minutes as he suffered a recurrence of his ankle injury and had to be replaced by Ryan Woolley.
On 33 minutes it seemed the Holyhead had adapted the better to the conditions as Anthony Parry shot past Damion Bialozynski in the Bangor goal with some ease and Bialozynski was beaten again 4 minutes later by Parry to give the visitors a 2 goal lead.  City rallied but were unable to make their chances count and the score remained at
Half-time Bangor City 0 Holyhead Hotspurs 2

The rain had eased as the second half began with Gwion Tegid replacing David Algieri and Neil Thomas dropping back to centre half.
City began brightly with Myles Jones hitting the Holyhead post before on 58 minutes Corey Jones ran into the Holyhead box and placed the ball to the right of Roberts in the Holyhead goal to reduce the deficit. The Hotspurs countered and Bialozynski saved well before Corey Jones on 65 minutes scored the equaliser rising to head a cross from Gwion Tegid on the right past Roberts.
With their tails up City pressed for a winner but were hit on the break on 85 minutes as Rees Brown scored to restore the Hotspurs lead. Referee Dewi Morris denied City a clear cut penalty as a Holyhead defender handled the ball in his own box. Morris although apparently well placed adjudged the ball to have hit a Bangor hand and gave the visitors a free kick which, to add insult to injury, led to Asa Thomas scoring in the 4th minute of stoppage time  to make the score at
Full-time Bangor City 2 Holyhead Hotspurs 4

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Damion Bialozynski, 2.Dan Lowndes, 3. Matthew Lowndes, 4. David Algieri, 5. Konrad Bialozynski, 6. Sean Devereux, 7. Corey Jones, 8. Myles Jones, 9. Lance Williams,
10. Neil Thomas, 11. Craig Whelan Subs: 12. Jason Edwards, 13. - , 14. Gwion Tegid (replaced 4 on 46 mins), 15. Nick Roberts, 16. Ryan Woolley (replaced 3 on 17 mins)

Next Reserves games:- Saturday, 14th January 2012 away to Holyhead Town FC Kick-Off 2.00pm & Saturday, 21st January 2012 away to CPD Llanllyfni Kick-Off 2.00pm

Saturday, 17th December - Bangor City FC 0 - 4 Trearddur Bay FC

The Reserves kicked off the last ever Saturday afternoon game at Farrar Road against Trearddur Bay confidently after the previous Tuesday night’s success against Llanllyfni with Damien Allen making his third successive appearance for City’s second string but despite having more clear goal scoring chances than the visitors lost to Trearddur Bay by 4  goals to nil.

After some early Bay pressure it was end to end stuff.  The visitor’s keeper saved well from Steve Jones and from the resulting corner Jones shot just wide.  Trearddur Bay countered and on 10 minutes Ian Williams put them ahead when he beat  Damian Bialozynski in the City goal with a narrow angled shot from the left of the box. Corey Jones then had a shot well saved by the Bay keeper and then Nick Roberts blasted the ball out of the ground behind the St Paul’s end. Trearddur Bay attacked and Bialozynski saved well before a Trearddur Bay throw in led to Dean Garney scoring with ease on 14 minutes. From the restart City dominated most of the possession with chances falling to Steve Jones who shot wide from a Lance Williams cross and Williams himself who just failed to connect to  a cross from the right by Craig Whelan. The Bay weathered the storm and broke through the City rearguard only to thwarted by a n excellent save from  Bialozynski to be followed moments later by an even better stop as a weak Jason Edwards clearance was returned with interest by the Bay attack. The half closed with sustained City pressure and Williams shooting wide when perhaps a pass to Steve Jones waiting in the box might have been a better option.
Half-time Bangor City 0  Trearddur Bay 2

The second half began in the same vein as the first had ended with Corey Jones and Lance Williams going close for City and Bialozynski making vital saves.
The first City substitution came on 63 minutes when Nick Roberts was replaced by David Algieri.
On 65 minutes Bialozynski dithered and was beaten to a long ball into the City area by Barry Haigh who scored the visitors third goal with ease.
3 minutes later Lance Williams had a chance to pull a goal back but Gareth Owen in the visitors’ goal saved his shot.
On 70 minutes Haydn Jones made another change replacing Steve Jones in the City attack with Gwion Tegid who was soon in the thick of the action forcing another save from Owen.
On 85 minutes the game was put firmly beyond Bangor’s reach as Barry Haigh scored his second and the Bay’s fourth goal and the same player almost completed his hat trick in the 89th minute as his shot hit the bar with Bialozynski beaten but the score was at
Full-time Bangor City 0 Trearddur Bay 4

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Damion Bialozynski, 2. Myles Jones, 3. Jason Edwards, 4. Corey Jones, 5. Konrad Bialozynski, 6. Nick Roberts, 7. Craig Whelan, 8. Sean Devereux, 9. Steve Jones,
10. Lance Williams, 11. Damien Allen.  Subs: 12. Gwion Tegid (replaced 9 on 70 mins), 13. -, 14. David Algieri (replaced 6 on 63 mins), 15. Josh Roydes

Tuesday, 13th December - Bangor City FC 3 -1 CPD Llanllyfni

A strong Reserves side including first teamers Eddie Jebb, Michael Walsh, Damien Allen and Mark Smythe proved much too strong for Llanllyfni running out deserved winners by 3 goals to 1 and but for some profligate finishing the winning margin could have been much greater. Smythe scored a brace but should have scored 5 or 6 goals!

In windy conditions City enjoyed the lion’s share of the possession from the off and created chance after chance. On 12 minutes Mark Smythe went close to scoring and again four minutes later . On 19 minutes Damien Allen showing his undoubted class hit a long range shot just over the visitor’s bar. Young Craig Whelan then joined in the action just minutes later with a shot from the left which also just cleared the bar before on 29 minutes Eddie Jebb using the strong wind to good effect floated a ball from the right over the keeper into the Llanllyfni goal to take the lead. The City dominance of the half continued with the visitor’s keeper saving well from Smythe on 42 minutes and with some ease again from Smythe on 44 minutes.
Half-time score Bangor City 1 Llanllyfni

By the time the second half kicked off the swirling wind must have been at almost gale force was dominating proceeding and making it a bit of a lottery as to where any high ball might end up.
Tempers flared 12 minutes into the half when Corey Jones had an altercation with the Llanllyfni No 8 and although the Llanllyfni player appeared to throw a punch at the Bangor player he went unpunished  (but was substituted minutes later!) whereas  Jones was booked by referee Arwel Jones.  The referee left his mark on the game again on 70 minutes when a rare Llanllyfni foray into the Bangor half ended with a shot hitting one of the goal stanchions only for Mr Jones to bizarrely award a penalty to Llanllyfni which Arron Griffiths duly converted to bring the scores level.
Haydn Jones promptly made two changes with Sean Devereux replacing Lance Williams who by his own high standards was having a quiet game and David Algieri replacing Craig Whelan.
The changes seemed to work as on 77 minutes Steve Jones crossed  and Smythe scored to retake the lead. Three minutes later Jones was involved again as he fed Jebb who advanced down the right wing before passing the ball to Smythe who scored his second and City’s third goal.
On 82 minutes George Flanagan replaced Corey Jones and the final meaningful action of the game came on 87 minutes when a powerfully struck Llanllyfni free kick was tipped over the bar by Damion Bialozynski in the City goal.
Full-time score Bangor City 3 Llanllyfni 1

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Damion Bialozynski, 2. Myles Jones, 3. Craig Whelan, 4. Corey Jones, 5. Konrad Bialozynski, 6. Michael Walsh, 7. Damien Allen, 8. Eddie Jebb, 9. Steve Jones,
10. Lance Williams, 11.Mark Smythe. Subs: 12. Frankie D’Angio, 13. -, 14. George Flanagan (replaced 4 on 82 mins), 15. Sean Devereux (replaced 10 on 73 mins, 16.  David Algieri (replaced 3 on 75 mins)

Saturday, 10th December - CPD Bro Goronwy 2 -1 Bangor City FC

The Reserves lost narrowly away to the reigning Gwynedd League champions and current league leaders Bro Goronwy in what was in comparison to most recent matches a low scoring affair.

Manager Haydn Jones made several changes to the team that lost heavily away against Llanystumdwy with several of the younger members of the squad rested ahead of Sunday’s scheduled under19’s fixture away at Aberystwyth and with first teamers Michael Walsh and new signing Damien Allen, making his club debut, bolstering the midfield.

Both keepers were involved in the early exchanges as firstly Paul Davies in the City goal saved well and then Sweetser-Hawkes in the home goal produced an outstanding save from a Michael Walsh free-kick tipping the ball over the cross bar.
On 24 minutes Bro Goronwy took the lead when Sam Aspinall scored from a rebound after Paul Davies had saved goal bound effort from Pat Roberts.
For rest of the first half City struggled to break down the resolute home defence although Lance Williams did manage a  shot on target but this was deflected wide..
Half-time Bro Goronwy 1 City 0

In the second half Davies was heavily involved again saving well firstly from Alex Jones and then from John Littlemore before Aspinall headed over the Bangor bar.
On 75 minutes Bangor City attacked the home goal and Sweetser-Hawkes under pressure from City’s forwards failed to deal with a high ball into the box and  Gareth Owen sliced his attempted clearance into his own net for City’s equaliser. 1 �" 1.
However City’s hopes of gaining a well deserved point from the game were dashed three minutes later  as an attempted punched clearance by Davies from a Bro Goronwy corner fell to Chris Chafer who volleyed the ball back past Davies into the City goal off the underside of the cross bar. City pressed for a second equaliser but it was not to be and the score was at
Full-time Bro Goronwy 2 Bangor City 1

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Paul Davies, 2.Myles Jones, 3. Jason Edwards, 4. David Algieri, 5. Corey Jones, 6. Michael Walsh, 7. Sean Devereux, 8. Frankie D’Angio, 9. Steve Jones, 10. Damien Allen,
11. Lance Williams. Sub: 12. Craig Whelan.

19 November - CPD Llanystumdwy 6 - 1 Bangor City FC

If ever there was a game of two halves this was it as last Saturday Bangor City Reserves travelled to second in the table Llanystumdwy and after putting in an excellent first half performance which left the scores level at 1 �" 1 at the interval they capitulated in the second half conceding 5 goals and ended up being soundly beaten by 6 goals to 1.

The game kicked off in pleasant sunshine and although the state of the pitch militated against City’s usual passing game the opening exchanges were even until 5 minutes into the game Jason Edwards was adjudged to have handled the ball just outside the City area and former City favourite Paul Roberts  duly dispatched the resulting free kick past the City wall and Paul Davies in the City goal. 1 �" 0!  City rallied and dominated possession for most of the rest of the half but failed to take their chances until the 38th minute when Sean Devereux collecting the ball in his own half made an excellent run into the Llanystumdwy area before passing to Lance Williams who shot past the Llanystumdwy keeper to equalise.

Half-time Llanystumdwy 1 Bangor City 1 (and apparently all to play for in the 2nd half!)

For the first 10 minutes of the second half it looked as though City would come away from the game with at least a point but a devastating 11 minute spell of finishing from Llanystumdwy compounded by some poor defending put the game beyond them as the hosts scored 3 goals through Ben Roberts on 55 minutes, Carl Threadgill on 59 minutes and Meirion Pritchard on 66 minutes.

City rallied with Haydn Jones changing the formation to 4-3-3 with Frankie D’Angio replacing Steve Jones and Steve Hughes coming on for Ryan Woolley but City were unable to reduce the deficit and as the City youngsters tired Llanystumdwy went further ahead with a 2nd goal for Paul Roberts on 82 minutes and a 2nd goal for Ben Roberts in the last minute of the game. Full-time Llanystumdwy 6 Bangor City 1

The Manager’s View
A disappointing result and a hugely disappointing 2nd half performance!!!
In the 1st half we showed great character to equalise after going a goal down. We controlled much of the first half possession and looked dangerous on the break.
Last Friday night’s game against Bro Goronwy and the first half performance in this game have shown me that this young squad can compete with the top teams in the Gwynedd League but we had a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half where we lost our shape and focus and conceded 3 goals. Heads went down and when we needed leaders on the field there were none. We will address this in training on Tuesday but we do have to bear in mind though that this season was always going to be a massive learning curve for the players and I believe we will regroup and come back stronger in our next league game against Bangor University on the 29th.

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Paul Davies, 2.Jason Edwards, 3. David Algieri, 4. Konrad Bialozynski, 5. Dylan Roberts, 6. Craig Whelan, 7. Sean Devereux, 8. Myles Jones, 9. Steve Jones, 10. Lance Williams, 11. Ryan Woolley Subs: 12. Frankie D’Angio (replaced 9 on 60 mins), 13. Damion Bialozynski, 14. Steven Hughes (replaced 11 on 79mins), 15. Gwion Tegid

Next Reserves games:-  Tuesday, 29th November Bangor University @ Farrar Road Kick-off 7.00pm; Saturday, 10th December away to CPD Bro Goronwy Kick-Off 2.00pm; Tuesday, 13th December CPD Llanllyfni @ Farrar Road Kick-Off 7.00pm; Saturday, 17th December Trearddur Bay FC @ Farrar Road Kick-Off 2.00pm and  Tuesday, 20th December Holyhead Hotspurs FC @ Farrar Road Kick-Off 7.00pm

Saturday 12 November - Bangor City FC 5 - 6 CPD Bro Goronwy

Steady but not heavy rain fell throughout pretty much the whole of last Friday evening’s high scoring game between City’s reserves  and the current Gwynedd League champions Bro Goronwy. The conditions made defending difficult for both sides and at the end of the exciting ‘end to end‘ game eleven goals had been scored and it was the visitors who left Farrar Road with all three points when the City faithful and the neutral observers at the game thought that perhaps a draw would have been a fairer result.

The pattern of the game was set from the off as City opened the scoring on 3 minutes when Sweetser-Hawkes in the visitor’s goal saved a long range City effort only for in-form City striker Lance Williams  to score near the post from the rebound and then minutes later Bro Goronwy equalised when Pat Roberts out wide cut the ball back to the visitor’s captain Sam Carter who hit the ball into the top corner of City net. 1 - 1
City then had a number of chances to retake the lead. Firstly, Williams shot just wide and then had a header cleared  off the line. Dylan Roberts forced a smart save from Sweetser-Hawkes before Williams beat the keeper again only to see his shot rebound off the post to Steven Jones who shot wide. Jones however made no mistake on 20 minutes when Gethin Rowlands crossed the ball in for him to score. 2 - 1
The visitors countered and John Littlemore, who plays for City’s youth team, was denied by keeper Paul Davies making his debut after his transfer from Glan Conwy but Bro Goronwy did equalise again on  25 minutes when full back James Williams scored from a corner.
On the half hour mark City’s captain Dylan Roberts  restored the lead when following a City corner from the left his powerfully struck shot from the edge of the area rocketed into the visitor’s net. The lead was once again short lived as two minutes later City lost possession in defence and Andy Williams curled the ball past Davies to level the score again.
With 5 minutes of the half remaining Littlemore was brought down by Davies in the City box but the keeper redeemed himself by diving full length to his left to save the resulting penalty so that the score at Half-Time was Bangor City 3 Bro Goronwy 3.

The second half began as the first had with an early goal but this time it was Bro Goronwy’s turn to take the lead. On 47 minutes Davies in the City goal saved a shot from Alex Jones only for Andy Williams  to score from the rebound.
City’s Steve Jones should have equalised immediately but he sent his shot over the visitor’s crossbar. Minutes later Rowlands showed him how to finish when he lobbed Sweetser-Hawkes from some 30 yards to level the score at 4-4.
Davies in the City goal who was impressing on his debut made fine saves from Andy Williams and from a Carter free kick but on 70 minutes he couldn’t prevent young Littlemore from scoring the visitor’s 5th goal as the ball was cut back across the City area by Carter.
4 minutes later  a City free kick struck deep into the visitor’s penalty area was missed by Sweetser-Hawkes and the scores were level yet again as substitute Frankie D’Angio (on for the injured Steve Jones) headed the ball home.
The end to end action continued as Bro Goronwy countered and Davies pulled off another great save from Steve Jones whilst at the other end Whelan shot just wide before giving way to Steve Hughes.
On 85 minutes Bro Goronwy winger Sean Pritchard beat the tiring City defence for pace and shot. Davies pulled off yet another outstanding save but unfortunately for City the ball fell to Carter who from 6 yards out scored what was to prove to be the winning goal for Bro Goronwy. In the last 5 minutes there were further chances for both sides and City were denied what would have been a well deserved share of the points when Dylan Roberts had his shot blocked in front of the Bro Goronwy goal but as the referee blew the full time whistle the Final Score was Bangor City 5 Bro Goronwy 6.

The Manager’s View
"We were extremely unlucky to lose this game against strong and experienced opposition. I cannot fault the effort and fighting spirit of the team and we have again proved that we can score goals against any team. What we have to do is improve our defending as a unit. This will come as the youngsters learn and develop as the season progresses. The back four tonight was made up of three 16 year olds and a 20 yr old, with similar ages in midfield, so there is a learning process happening. Without taking away from the disappointment of losing and dropping 3 points there were a lot more positives than negatives to take from the game. The boys will be stronger because of this game it and we will continue to play attractive football."

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Paul Davies, 2. Ryan Woolley, 3. David Algieri, 4. Jason Edwards, 5.Konrad Bialozynski, 6. Dylan Roberts, 7. Sean Devereux, 8. Craig Whelan, 9. Steve Jones,
10. Lance Williams, 11. Gethin Rowlands   Subs: 12. Frankie D’Angio (replaced 9 on 60 mins), 13. Damion Bialozynski, 14. Steven Hughes (replaced 8 on 79mins), 15. Dafydd Evans (replaced 11 on 85mins), 16. Matthew Head

Next Reserves game:-  Saturday, 19th November - Gwynedd League, CPD Llanystumdwy v. Bangor City FC Kick Off 2.00pm

Next Under 19’s game:- Sunday, 27th November �" FAW Youth Cup, Bangor City FC v. Wrexham FC Kick Off 2.00pm

29 October - CPD Llanllyfni 6 - 4 Bangor City FC

In atrocious weather conditions more suitable for mud wrestling than football City’s reserves, missing the in-form Corey Jones and Lance Williams who were unavailable and Steve Jones through injury went out of the North Wales Coast FA Intermediate Cup last Saturday afternoon losing at Llanllyfni by 6 goals to 4.

Despite puddles of standing water on the pitch Llanfairfechan referee Dewi Morris ruled that the pitch was playable and the game kicked with Llanllyfni playing down the slope towards the Memorial Hall.

The driving rain being blown by a strong wind across the pitch and the state of the pitch made it difficult for either side to play a passing game but it was City who initially appeared to be adapting the better to the conditions as Steve Hughes opened the scoring in the 12th minute.

City held the lead for 14 minutes but then Llanllyfni capitalising on some poor City defending scored 3 quick goals through Arron Hughes on 26 minutes followed by Sam Cartwright  on 32 minutes and Hughes again on 34 minutes to turn the game.

Towards the end of the half Ryan Woolley was unable to continue and was replaced by Gwion Tegid with Sean Devereux switching to right back.

Craig Whelan reduced the deficit for City on 41 minutes with a quality strike into the top of the home net but Llanllyfni’s Cartwight got his 2nd goal of the game just before the interval to make the score at Half-Time Llanllyfni 4 Bangor City 2

The second half began with City in spite of the worsening conditions still trying to play their passing game despite manager Haydn Jones’ half time instructions to play a more direct game.
Llanllyfni,  now playing up the slope, increased their lead with Gavin Owen scoring on 48 minutes and then Cai Weightman making it 6 �" 2 on 65 minutes.

Damien Bialozynski in the City goal, making his first start after impressing on his debut as a second half substitute against Holyhead Town, carried on where he had left off on Tuesday night making a number of fine saves to limit Llanllyfni’s lead.

In the last 20 minutes City fought their way back into the game, having  a goal somewhat dubiously disallowed for offside and then scoring two goals through Gwion Tegid on 75 minutes and Gethin Rowlands on 85 minutes.  Another unlikely come back seemed on the cards as Josh Roydes came on for Rowlands to give some fresh legs to the attack but Dewi Morris blew the full-time whistle before City could make further inroads into Llanllyfni’s lead.

Final score CPD Llanllyfni 6  Bangor City FC 4

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Damien Bialozynski, 2. Ryan Woolley, 3. David Algieri, 4. Konrad Bialozynski, 5. Jason Edwards, 6. Dylan Roberts, 7. Dafydd Evans, 8. Craig Whelan, 9.Steve Hughes, 10. Gethin Rowlands, 11. Sean Devereux Subs: 12. Gwion Tegid (replaced 2), 14. Josh Roydes (replaced 9), 15. Frankie D’Angio

Next Reserves games:- Friday, 11th November - Gwynedd League, Bangor City FC v. CPD Bro Goronwy @Farrar Road Kick Off 7.00pm; Saturday, 19th November - Gwynedd League, CPD Llanystumdwy v. Bangor City FC Kick Off 2.00pm

City’s Under 19’s are away to Airbus on Tuesday, 8th November. Kick off time to follow!

FAW Youth Cup  Sunday, 27th November Bangor City FC v. Wrexham FC @Farrar Rd Kick Off 2.00pm

25 October 2011 - BANGOR CITY FC  7 �" 5 HOLYHEAD TOWN FC

7 UP for City’s Reserves as they beat Holyhead Town in this Gwynedd Safeflue Shield Round One thriller. Trailing by 4 goals to 3 as the game entered stoppage time at the end of normal time Steve Hughes got the vital equalizer to take the tie into extra-time and City went on to score 3 quick goals in the first period of extra time and then, despite a determined Holyhead fight back, held on to win.

City kicked off playing towards the St Pauls End and immediately won a free kick  mid-way into the Holyhead half. Dylan Roberts calmly stepped up and dispatched one of his powerfully struck trade mark free kicks past former City Reserves keeper Elliot Smith into the back of the Holyhead net.
Holyhead, perhaps stung by conceding such an early goal, put the City defence under sustained pressure but City held out,  with Liam Williams making a fine save and David Algieri making some timely interceptions, until the 13th minute when following a poor City clearance Craig Moore equalised.
City countered with Frankie D’Angio going close before more determined Holyhead pressure coupled with some loose  City defending led to Paul England giving Holyhead the lead. However the lead only lasted until the 25th minute when Lance Williams won the ball from a poor Holyhead throw in and passed to Corey Jones who took the ball round Smith to equalise. 6 minutes later Holyhead took a quick throw in and Craig Moore lost his marker and hit the ball over the top of the City defence into the City net, with Williams in the City goal rooted to his line, to retake the lead.
City countered with Steve Hughes going close from another Dylan Roberts free kick before on 39 minutes Corey Jones found himself through on goal again and scored his 2nd goal of the game to make the score at half-time Bangor City 3 Holyhead Town 3.

The second half began with both teams trading chances with City’s chances falling to Corey Jones and Sean Devereux who shot just wide before Holyhead counter attacked and Luke Miles scored on 49 minutes. There then followed sustained Holyhead pressure as they sought to put the game to bed and City had substitute keeper Damion Bialozynski, who pulled off a string of fine instinctive saves, to thank for keeping them in the game before Steve Hughes scored his goal in stoppage time to make the score at the end of the 90 minutes (plus stoppage time!) Bangor City 4  Holyhead Town 4.

The first period of extra-time began with City, who were now looking the fitter side, controlling the game.
Unfortunately In the 101st minute the injured David Algieri had to be replaced but it was substitute Gwion Tegid on instead of him who a minute later with almost his 1st touch of the game scored the 1st of the three quick City goals that put the game beyond Holyhead. The other City scorers were Lance Williams (104 minutes) and Craig Whelan (105 minutes). 
Full credit to the never say die attitude of the Holyhead Town players who came back into the game in the second period of extra time and pulled a goal back on 118 minutes through Craig Moore but City managed to hold out so that the Full-Time score was Bangor City 7  Holyhead Town 5.

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Liam Williams, 2. Ryan Woolley, 3. David Algieri, 4. Konrad Bialozynski, 5. Dylan Roberts, 6. Steven Hughes, 7. Craig Whelan, 8. Frankie D'Angio, 9. Sean Devereux,
                             10. Corey Jones, 11. Lance Williams Subs: 12. Gwion Tegid (replaced 3 on 11mins), 13. Damion Bialozynski (replaced 1 on 63 mins), 14. Dan Lowndes, 15. Ryan Murray,
                             16. Nick Roberts

Next Reserves games:- Saturday, 29th October - NWCFA Intermediate Cup Round Two, CPD Llanllyfni v. Bangor City FC Kick Off 2.00pm; Saturday, 12th November - Gwynedd League, Bangor City FC v. CPD Bro Goronwy @Farrar Road Kick Off 2.00pm; Saturday, 19th November - Gwynedd League, CPD Llanystumdwy v. Bangor City FC Kick Off 2.00pm


This Gwynedd League encounter kicked off in overcast conditions with a strong swirling wind which must at times have been bordering on gale force.

Playing against the wind in the first half  the Hotspurs had the first clear chance forcing a good save from Liam Williams on 10 mins. City countered immediately and a cross from the right by Steve Williams was knocked across the Hotspurs goal by Frankie D'Angio for Lance Williams to score.

Lance then hit the post twice in short succession before on 25 mins Frankie D'Angio crossed for Corey Jones to tap in City’s second goal.

From the restart Holyhead put pressure on the City defence and forced a double save from Liam Williams.

On 36 mins the hosts gave away a free kick which Dylan Roberts duly struck low hard and true into the bottom corner of the Hotspurs net to make the score 3 nil to City.

Dylan almost doubled his tally 5 mins later with a header but the Hotspurs keeper made the save so the score remained at Half-Time Holyhead Hotspurs 0 Bangor City 3

Playing with the wind in the second half Holyhead showed their intent by trying a shot on goal from the kick off and then 3 mins later with Holyhead through one on one on goal there was a clash between Liam Williams and the Holyhead striker. The referee having originally given a corner controversially changed his mind to award the Hotspurs a penalty but justice was done when Williams saved the penalty with his feet.

On 52 mins Sean Devereux replaced the injured Jason Edwards and it was Devereux who minutes later crossed for Lance Williams to coolly collect his 2nd and City’s 4th goal of the game. From the restart Holyhead attacked and hit the Bangor cross bar with Liam Williams saving the follow up shot.

On 65 mins Matt Lowndes was injured and replaced by David Algieri. There then followed 20 mins of sustained City pressure with Corey Jones denied a goal by a last ditch tackle on 72 mins,  Frankie D'Angio going close on 76 mins and Corey Jones having a shot cleared off the line by a Hotspurs defender before the pressure told on 82 mins when Corey Jones ran at the Hotspurs defence and scored in the bottom corner celebrating his 2nd and City’s 5th goal.

Craig Whelan replaced Ryan Woolley at left back on 85 mins for the closing minutes of the game.
On 86 mins Anthony Parry scored a consolation goal for the Hotspurs to deny City a clean sheet and make the Final Score Holyhead Hotspurs 1 Bangor City 5.

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Liam Williams, 2. Matt Lowndes, 3. Ryan Woolley, 4. Dylan Roberts, 5. Konrad Bialozynski, 6. Steven Hughes, 7. Jason Edwards, 8. Corey Jones, 9. Frankie D'Angio, 10. Dafydd Evans, 11. Lance Williams, Subs: 12. Dan Lowndes, 14. Craig Whelan (replaced 3), 15. Sean Devereux (replaced 7), 15. David Algieri (replaced 2)

Next Reserves games:- 
  • Tomorrow evening!!, Tuesday, 25th October - Gwynedd Safeflue Shield Round One, Bangor City FC v. Holyhead Town FC @Farrar Road  Kick off 7:00pm.
  • Saturday, 29th October - NWCFA Intermediate Cup Round Two, CPD Llanllyfni v. Bangor City FC Kick Off 2.00pm

At a sunny Farrar Road on Saturday afternoon City’s Reserves again played host to opposition from down the A55 when they played the Abergele Dragons in the first round of the North Wales Coast FA Intermediate Cup and just as against Halkyn United the previous Tuesday evening they were victorious beating the Dragons by 5 goals to 1.

The opening exchanges were fairly even but on 10 mins hesitancy from Liam Williams in the City goal gifted the Dragons the opening goal which was scored by James Davies.

City upped the tempo of their game in search of an equalizer and Dylan Roberts was just wide with a free kick then Steven Jones had an effort saved by the Dragon’s keeper Ben Garnett before on 17mins Lance Williams restored parity with a powerful shot from outside the box.

The next quarter of an hour saw Bangor retaining possession well and mounting a succession of attacks with Steven Jones and Lance Williams to the fore.

Steven Jones forced another save from Garnett before Lance Williams scored again on 32 mins with a close range header and 3 minutes later Jones rode a number of tackles to squeeze the ball just inside the post to make the score at half time Bangor City 3 Abergele Dragons 1.

The Dragons began the second half with more intent and from the kick off won a free kick just outside the Bangor penalty area which was fortuitously blasted wide.

7 mins into the half Sean Devereux who was limping made way for David Algieri who was immediately into action down the left crossing for Craig Whelan to shoot but again Garnett made the save. On 60 mins neat work between Lance Williams and Steven Jones almost led to another goal. 2 mins later they again combined and this time Jones scored to make it 4 �" 1 to Bangor.

On 70 mins Gethin Rowlands replaced George Flanagan and 7 mins later Dafydd Evans made way for Ryan Murray but it was the first substitute David Algieri who again caught the eye forcing yet another save from Garnett. The keeper however could do nothing on 83 mins when Lance Williams won the ball, passed to Jones who exchanged passes with Rowlands before completing his hat trick. There was a late flourish from the Dragons as they hit the City crossbar and won a free kick followed by a rare corner but the score at full time was  Bangor City 5 Abergele Dragons 1.

The Manager’s View
Another excellent performance from the team against a tricky, physical Abergele Dragons side and following this win and the recent one against Halkyn confidence within the squad is high at the moment.

After the disappointment of conceding early in the game we showed great composure and determination get back into the game and it was credit to the players that we ended going in at half time leading 3-1 and finally won 5-1.

I was very pleased with Steven Jones who scored a well deserved hat trick. He always works hard for the team and this will surely give his confidence a boost!   

My fellow coaches and I have emphasised to the players from the start of the season the need to improve both physically and mentally as the season progresses and it is pleasing to see the boys reacting to this and getting the right results.

As our next game isn't until the 14th of October we will use the break to rest some of the U-19's in the squad that have played a lot of games recently and to continue the work of improving and developing the players on the training ground.

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Liam Williams, 2.Matt Lowndes, 3. Craig Whelan, 4. Corey Jones, 5. Ryan Woolley, 6. Dylan Roberts, 7. Sean Devereux, 8. George Flanagan, 9. Dafydd Evans, 10. Lance Williams, 11. Steven Jones  Subs: 12. David Algieri (replaced 7), 14. Ryan Murray (replaced 6), 15. Nick Roberts, 16. Josh Roydes, 17. Gethin Rowlands (replaced 9)

Next Reserves games:- Gwynedd League, Friday, 14th October Bangor City FC v. Beaumaris Town FC @Farrar Road K.O. 7pm & Saturday 22nd October away to Holyhead Hotspur FC K.O.2.30pm.

27 September - BANGOR CITY 3 - 0 HALKYN UNITED
: On a balmy autumn evening City’s Reserves entertained Halkyn United Reserves in the first round of the North Wales Reserves League’s Presidents Cup.

After the heavy defeat at Penrhyndeudraeth on Saturday it was important that the lads got back to winning ways and they did just that by scoring 3 goals without conceding with all the players giving  a solid  and confident performance throughout the 90 minutes.

In goal seventeen year old Meilir Huws made his Reserve team debut recording City's second clean sheet of the season and though he didn't have a lot to do he gave a very confident performance.

Corey Jones and Ryan Woolley were commanding at centre back, with solid performances by both fullbacks Matt Lowndes and Craig Whelan. The average age of the defence was 16 years but all four played with a maturity beyond their age. Dylan Roberts was commanding as a holding midfielder and rattled the cross bar with a 35 yard free kick midway through the first half.

City opened the scoring in the 1st min when George Flanagan penetrated the 18 yard box cutting in from the left to finish confidently in the bottom right hand corner.  1 nil to City (and a welcome change from conceding first!)

The early goal helped settle the team and with Steven Jones looking very dangerous the team created numerous  goal scoring chances throughout the 1st half but at half time it remained City 1 Halkyn United 0

The second half kicked off with David Algieri having replaced the injured Gwion Tegid on the left hand side of midfield and almost immediately City were  2 nil up as  in the 46th minute Steven Jones, who throughout caused the Halkyn defence problems with his pace and direct play, scored his first goal of the evening with a well taken effort..

City continued to dominate possession and should have stretched their lead further with opportunities falling to Lance Williams but he wasn’t able to maintain record of a goal a game.

As the half progressed Halkyn United worked their way gradually back into the game.
On 70 mins Nick Roberts replaced the tiring Dafydd Evans and then on 83 mins Steven Jones scored his second, and City's third, goal with a well struck shot into the bottom right corner of the Halkyn net.

With the game well and truly wrapped up Ryan Murray came on for Dylan Roberts for the last few minutes.

Full Time Bangor City 3 Halkyn United 0.

The Manager’s View
‘A great response by the squad to the disastrous result at Penrhyndeudraeth. The most important objective of the game was to get the win and to do this with a convincing team performance. The objective was achieved with some style and we need to take the momentum and confidence gained by this result into next Saturday's game at Farrar Road when we face Abergele Dragons in the North Wales Coast FA Intermediate Cup.’

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Meilir Huws, 2.Matt Lowndes, 3. Craig Whelan, 4. Corey Jones, 5. Ryan Woolley, 6. Dylan Roberts, 7. Gwion Tegid, 8. George Flanagan, 9. Dafydd Evans, 10. Lance Williams, 11. Steven Jones Subs: 12. David Algieri (replaced 7), 13. Liam Williams (GK), 14. Ryan Murray (replaced 6), 15. Nick Roberts (replaced 9), 16. Josh Roydes

Next Reserves game:- Saturday, 1st October Bangor City FC v. Abergele Dragons FC @Farrar Road in round one of the North Wales Coast FA Intermediate Cup K.O. 2pm

City beat Porthmadog  by 4 goals to nil in the FAW Youth Cup. City’s goals were scored by Matthew Smith, Dan Lowndes and John Littlemore (2). Full report to follow ...

. With Dylan Roberts and Steve Jones unavailable and Dan Lowndes, Matt Lowndes and Cory Jones rested ahead of the FAW Youth Cup tie against Porthmadog on Sunday 25th September and first teamer Sion Edwards having a run out for the Reserves after being an unused substitute the  previous evening against Newtown it was a much changed City Reserves side that took the field against Penrhyndeudraeth on Saturday and went down to their heaviest defeat of the season so far losing by 9 goals to 1.

In steady drizzle the Penrhyn side went for the jugular from the start and the game was effectively over after the first 14 mins as Penrhyn stunned City by scoring three goals, the first, from Mark Cooke, after only 27 seconds!. Steven Jones added the second on 12 mins and Carwyn Price the third on 14mins.

The first half form of Liam Williams in goal did little to inspire confidence in the makeshift City defence and Penrhyn  added to their tally with ease on 33 mins (Iwan Thomas) and 36 mins (Steven Jones again) to make the score at half time Penrhyndeudraeth 5 City 0.

Haydn made two changes at half time with Nick Roberts and Gwion Tegid making way for Matthew Smith and George Flanagan.
It was a much improved performance in the second half as Bangor, now playing in bright sunshine, with Sion Edwards in the thick of the action and leading by example, created but failed to take a number of chances.
Liam Williams had a much better second half pulling off a couple of outstanding saves but he couldn’t prevent Penrhyn’s Tom Hughes scoring on 54 minutes.

Six minutes later City’s centre forward Lance Williams received the ball on the right and beat his man before unleashing a fierce shot past the Penrhyn keeper for his tenth goal of the season to make the score 6 �" 1 . For the next 10 mins, with Josh Roydes on for the injured Gethin Rowlands, an improbable City fight back seemed on the cards but it was not to be for in the last 20 mins, as City visibly tired, Penrhyn scored again on 77 mins (Richard Jones), 70 mins (Tom Hughes) and in the 90th minute (Mark Cooke) to make the final score 9 �" 1.

The Manager’s View "Resting key U-19's players for the Welsh Cup tie vs  Porthmadog, missing regular reserve team players, and coming up against a very strong team in Penrhyndeudraeth, were all factors that caused us to produce our worst team performance of the season so far. We also had to start a new defensive back four that hadn't played together before.

The team played with more pride and passion in the second half, just as we expect when players put on the shirt of Bangor City, but it was difficult to take any positives from the game. However it was great to have a player like Sion Edwards involved with the team as he worked tirelessly throughout the whole 90mins. Now on to the President Cup on Tuesday evening where we can put the disappointment of Saturday's game to rest and move on."

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Liam Williams, 2. Ryan Murray, 3. Sean Devereux, 4. Gwion Tegid, 5. Lee Davies, 6. Nick Roberts, 7. Gethin Rowlands, 8. Craig Whelan, 9.Dafydd Evans, 10. Lance Williams, 11. Sion Edwards subs: 12. George Flanagan (replaced 4), 14. Matthew Smith (replaced 6), 15. Josh Roydes (replaced 7)

10 September - LLANFAIRFECHAN TOWN 4 - 3 CITY:
On Saturday  Bangor City Reserves made the short trip down the A55 for the local derby against Llanfairfechan Town and were more than a little unfortunate to lose by 4 goals to 3. Llanfairfechan’s win enabled them to leapfrog City into  fourth place in the Gwynedd league..

With George Flanagan called up to join Meilir Huws on the first team bench at Farrar road and Dan Lowndes not having recovered from the groin strain he sustained at Trearddur Bay the previous Saturday manager Haydn Jones gave a first start of the season to Ryan Woolley at left back and recalled Steven Jones up front.
With the weather alternating between drizzle and sunshine and the wind steadily increasing in strength the game kicked off with City playing towards the Bowling Club end.

Bangor began brightly but showing some hesitancy in defence and with 10 mins gone Rory O’Hagan capitalised to put the hosts ahead. On the half hour mark it was 2 nil as Llanfairfechan scored from a Gareth Jones free kick.

Ryan Woolley was by now hobbling and was replaced shortly after by David Algieri with Sean Devereux moving to left back.

Although 2 nil down City kept their faith and despite the swirling wind continued playing some quality football. The strategy paid off on 32 mins City when Lance Williams broke into the host’s penalty area and calmly placed the ball past Shepherd in the host’s goal to reduce the deficit.

On 43 mins a Dylan Roberts free kick was knocked back across the Llanfairfechan  goal by Lance Williams and Gwion Tegid scored his second goal of the season to equalise. A minute later City had the lead as, after some good work by Corey Jones, Lance Williams forced his way into the Llanfairfechan penalty area to score his eighth goal of the season.

Half-time Llanfairfechan 2 City 3

Bangor began the second half as they had finished the first putting the Llanfairfechan defence under sustained pressure but on 60 mins, against the run of play, a ball down the City right wasn’t dealt with by the City defence and Josh Summers equalised for the hosts.

Gethin Rowlands replaced Steven Jones to give some fresh legs but on 85 mins as City as pushed to regain their lead Llanfairfechan again broke into the Bangor half and Josh Summers collected his second goal to give Llanfairfechan the lead.

City responded by boldly  replacing defender Sean Devereux with an attacker in Josh Royds  and, playing three at the back, went for all out attack chasing what would have been a deserved equaliser but Llanfairfechan held on to win.

Full-Time Llanfairfechan 4 City 3

The team showed tremendous character to come back from 2-0 down to lead, and they were extremely unlucky not to win the game. No one could fault the effort the boys put in and they are looking forward to their first Friday night home game against Holyhead Town at Farrar Road this Friday. The team is developing and progressing nicely with every game and Friday night’s game is the perfect opportunity for the City faithful to see for themselves and to get down to  Farrar Road ensure a good crowd to support the boys.

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Liam Williams, 2. Matt Lowndes, 3. Ryan Woolley, 4. Dylan Roberts, 5. Lee Davies, 6. Craig Whelan, 7. Corey Jones, 8. Sean Devereux, 9. Steven Jones, 10. Gwion Tegid, 11. Lance Williams Subs:- 12. Nick Roberts, 13. -, 14. David Algieri (replaced 3 on 37 mins), 15. Josh Roydes (replaced 6 on 88 mins), 16. Gethin Rowlands (replaced 9 on 66 mins)

3 September - TREARDDUR BAY 4 - 2 CITY
: Last Saturday  Bangor City Reserves  travelled to Trearddur Bay to take  on the reigning Anglesey League champions in atrocious weather conditions with torrential rain throughout the first half.

10 mins into the game City conceded a free kick on edge of their area and Gareth Wyn Roberts scored a headed goal to put the home side ahead. City fought back with a well struck Dylan Roberts shot which went inches wide, a Sean Devereux strike from 30 yards that hit the cross bar and a Lance Williams volley that flashed over  the bar.

Dan Lowndes was injured on the half hour and was replaced by Ryan Woolley.

Craig Whelan equalised for City on 35 mins after good interplay between Lance Williams and George Flanagan to make it  1 - 1 at half-time.

In the second half City started brightly but there then followed a period of sustained pressure on the City goal by the hosts with Liam Williams making good saves from Barry Haigh and Ryan Booth before, as City lost their composure and shape, Trearddur Bay scored three goals in as many minutes through Ryan Booth (65 mins) from a long ball, Barry Haigh (66 mins) following a mix up in the City defence  and Barry Lavelle (67 mins)  who scored from a rebound after Liam Williams had saved from a Ryan Booth cross.

City regained their composure and reduced the deficit on 75 mins with a goal by leading scorer Lance Williams following a good run from Corey Jones and a Sean Devereux lay off.

City were now in the ascendancy and Steven Jones had the ball in the host’s net after a flick on from a free kick but he was adjudged to have been offside. In the closing minutes a header from Dylan Roberts went just over the bar as Trearddur Bay held on to take the points.

After conceding an early goal City’s youngsters showed good fighting spirit to equalise and, but for the five minute spell in the second half when they conceded the three goals, dominated possession once again and playing some good quality football were worthy of at least a draw. Particularly noteworthy  were the strong performances in midfield by Craig Whelan, Sean Devereux and MOM Corey Jones.

BANGOR CITY:- 1. Liam Williams, 2. Matt Lowndes, 3. Dan Lowndes, 4. David Algieri, 5. Dylan Roberts, 6. Sean Devereux, 7. Corey Jones, 8. Craig Whelan, 9. Lance Williams, 10. Gwion Tegid, 11. George Flanagan Subs:- 12. Ryan Woolley (replaced 3 on 30 mins), 13. - , 14. Steve Jones (replaced 10 on 80 mins), 15. Nick Roberts (replaced 4 on 80 mins)

Last night’s scheduled game against Holyhead Hotspur @ Farrar Road was postponed due to an unfit pitch.

Next Reserves games:-  Saturday, 10th September away to Llanfairfechan Town FC Kick-off 2.30 pm; Friday, 16th September Holyhead Town FC  @ Farrar Road Kick-off 7.00pm

Bangor City FC under 19’s kick-off their season with an away trip to Bala FC this Thursday, 8th September Kick-off 7.00pm

30 August - BETHEL 0 - 6 CITY: With an impregnable defence superbly marshalled by the returning Jamie Brewerton, ably assisted by City’s man of the match Dylan Roberts, and with Michael Walsh pulling the strings in midfield and centre-forward Lance Williams scoring a hat trick Bangor City defeated Bethel by 6 goals to nil and but for the form of Bethel keeper Iolo Roberts it could have been many more.

Dominating from the start on 9 mins City had a corner which was headed powerfully into the Bethel net by Dylan Roberts and it was 2 nil on 27 mins as Lance Williams got into the Bethel box and cut the ball back for Gwion Tegid to score with the simplest of tap ins.

Lance made it 3 on 44 mins with a spectacular long range strike. Half Time Bethel 0 �" 3 Bangor City.

Bethel were under pressure from the restart and 12 mins into the second half a Bethel defender handled the ball on the goal line and was sent off. Lance Williams converted the resulting penalty for his second and City’s 4th goal.

Steve Jones replaced  George Flanagan on 60 mins and 8 minutes later there was a double substitution with Gwion Tegid and Jamie Brewerton giving way to Craig Whelan and John Algieri.
As the Bangor defence reorganised on 72 mins Bethel made a rare incursion into the City half and won a free kick which forced Paul Smith to make what was probably his only save of the game!

Craig Whelan made it 5 on 76 mins with a long range shot which dipped under the Bethel bar and City’s 6th  and final goal came on 86 mins when substitute Steve Jones crossed from the right for Lance Williams to score at the far post to complete his hat trick.

BANGOR CITY: 1.Paul Smith, 2.Matt Lowndes, 3.Dan Lowndes, 4.Jamie Brewerton, 5.Dylan Roberts, 6.Sean Devereux, 7.Corey Jones, 8. Michael Walsh, 9. Lance Williams, 10. Gwion Tegid, 11. George Flanagan. Subs: 12.Craig Whelan (replaced 10 on 80 mins), 13. - ,14.Steve Jones (replaced 11 on 60 mins), 15. John Algieri (replaced 4 on 80 mins)

Next Reserves games:- Saturday, 3rd September away to Trearddur Bay United Kick-off @ 2.30pm; Tuesday, 6th September Holyhead Hotspur @ Farrar Road Kick-off @ 6.15pm.

27 August - BONTNEWYDD 2 - 0 CITY:
The Reserves were unlucky to lose to Bontnewydd on Saturday having outplayed the hosts in nearly all departments except for where it really matters  - " taking your chances!

Bontnewydd had three clear chances all in the first half and scored from the first two  - " Simon Kay scoring on 17 and 25 mins

Bangor enjoying most of the possession created goal scoring opportunity after goal scoring opportunity but were unable to break down the resolute Bontnewydd defence.

Next Reserves games:- Tuesday, 30 August away to CPD Bethel Kick-off @ 6.15pm. Saturday, 3 September away to Trearddur Bay United FC Kick-off @ 2.30pm.

: On a Beach Road pitch bathed in late summer evening sunshine Bangor City came from behind to beat Beaumaris Town by 4 goals to 2 on Wednesday.

City were guilty of squandering a number of first half chances and were punished for this on 28 mins when Beaumaris playing their trade mark long ball game  broke out of defence and Darren Ishmael  scored past Paul Smith in the City goal.

Eddie Jebb equalised for City 7mins later with a long range free kick from about half way inside the Beaumaris half but Bangor were caught again on 40 mins when confusion in the Bangor penalty area resulted in an unfortunate own goal by Michael Walsh to leave City trailing at half time by 2 goals to  1.

Centre forward Lance Williams replaced George Flanagan at half time with Mark Smyth moving to the left wing. City were awarded a penalty early in the second half but Smyth put his spot kick wide of the goal. However, he atoned for his miss on 65 mins when he dribbled the ball into the Beaumaris box before delicately placing the ball beyond the Beaumaris keeper.

Bangor were now dominating the game and Lance Williams completed the Bangor scoring with an incisive strike on 67 mins followed by a cheeky chip on 88 mins.

A good win for Bangor City against a physical Beaumaris side with useful match time for the first team squad members involved who all played the whole game except for Kyle Wilson who was replaced by Gwion Tegid on 80 mins.  

City: Smith, M Lowndes, D Lowndes, Davies, D Roberts, Jones, Walsh, Jebb, Wilson, Flanagan, Smyth. Subs:  Lance Williams, Tegid, N Roberts, Thomas, Liam Williams (GK)  

Next Reserves games:- Saturday, 27th August away to CPD Bontnewydd Kick-off @ 2.30pm; Tuesday, 30th August away to CPD Bethel Kick-off @ 6.15pm.

21 August - BANGOR CITY FC  3 - 6 CPD LLANYSTYMDWY: In wet and blustery conditions a youthful reserve team bolstered by Paul Smith in goal were beaten by Llanystymdwy at Farrar Road last Saturday by 6 goals to 3.

Playing with the wind in the first half Llanystymdwy  were a little lucky to be leading 5 - 2 at halftime with veteran striker Meirion Pritchard leading  the way and Kyle Williams, Carl Threadgill, Ben Jones and Ben Roberts their other marksmen. Steve Jones (2) replied for the Reserves.

In the second half Dan Lowndes reduced the deficit for the Reserves after 8 minutes then with about 15 minutes to go as Bangor pressed the referee missed a clear foul on a Bangor striker on the edge of the Llanystymdwy penalty area. The ball was cleared to Meirion Pritchard who completed his brace and killed off the game by lobbing Paul Smith as he came out of his goal.


© 2010 Bangor City F.C.