Latest News

Another fantastic night of football at the Book People Stadium, and a result that ensured the U19's will finish the season in second place.

City started the match brightly with Alwyn Roberts blasting a shot just wide of the right-hand post from 40 yards after just 3 minutes. In the 6th minute City got their first goal when Caio Hywel collected the ball just outside the penalty area before cutting in to the centre of the pitch and unleashing a shot into the top right-hand corner. The game restarted but before Prestatyn knew what was happening the 'keeper was again collecting the ball from his net as a Sion Cavanagh header from 6 yards flew past him.

Cavanagh was in action again after 9 minutes but his shot came to nothing. City were fired up now and on 15 minutes Callum Davidson's shot from 12 yards was heading into the top of the net until the Prestatyn 'keeper tipped it over for a corner. On 19 minutes Prestatyn got their best chance so far when they were awarded a free-kick 30 yards out, but the shot was too high and did little to trouble Nick Bould in the Bangor goal. On the hour mark City thought that they had scored a 3rd goal but after a long delay the referee finally noticed the linesmans flag raised for offside. On 42 minutes City did manage to get their 3rd goal when Callum Davidson's shot beat the 'keeper. As the referee played 6 minutes of first half injury time, a very late tackle on Caio Hywel looked as though it may result in a red card. City were awarded the free-kick but to the amazement of the crowd no cards were shown.

12 minutes into the 2nd half, City made their first substitution when Alwyn Roberts was replaced by Tomos Lewis. 6 minutes later and a 2nd substitution saw Connor Roberts replacing Caio Hywel. With the game slowing down City made their final change of the game with Ben Owen replacing Cavanagh. City got their 4th goal in the 74th minute - and it certainly wouldn't have looked out of place in any league and had the crowd on their feet. After a poor goal kick was quickly put back into the Prestatyn penalty area, it was knocked back to Sam Faulkner who hit a thunderbolt from 25 yards into the goal with the goalkeeper hardly moving.

On 89 minutes Faulkner found himself booked in the centre of the pitch, before Callum Davidson wrapped up the evening by scoring City's 5th goal of the night after some clever work by Dafydd Jones gave him the space to slot the ball into the bottom corner.

City: Bould, Hywel, Hughes, Thomas, Faulkner, Corey Jones, Dafydd Jones, C Whelan, Roberts, Cavanagh, Davidson.

Subs: Tomos Lewis, Connor Roberts, Ben Owen